NMD: FM3

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by Mourguitars, Apr 24, 2020.

1. Mourguitars

Mourguitars SS.org Regular

Had the Ax8 sold it..just got this from a friend who can't play out anymore any time soon, this was going to be his backup he has the Ax3...so time to load up the new firmware and the new editor. Still have all my massive library of IR's

Ill try it with my 8" monitors and sub , then try it with the power amp and cab...

Mike

20200424_153050.jpg

Shask, c7spheres, Boofchuck and 3 others like this.
  2. budda

budda Do not criticize as this Contributor

Congrats. Lots of great tones in there. Do you have any Leon Todd IRs or the ones FAS posts on their forum?

3. Mourguitars

Thanks !

I like the York Audio pack out of all of them , 121 and 57 mic's im good , but i bought all the cab packs, i do see Leon has a few on the Exchange but haven't tried them yet...been lost in the amazing clean patches with effects...man they are good !

Found my notes i had on the Ax8 the way i had the BE and HBE set up...it seems different but a little more better the way the editor is laid out now...time to build some presets, i had the Ax8 dialed in pretty good but i bet it will sound even better with the FM3....

Went back to playing tube amps for the last 14-15 months...im missing that feel of one right off the bat, but the sound makes up for it...ill get it dialed in, but ill get around to maybe playing with a power amp/cab or trying the FM3 for just effects only maybe this weekend...

I was going to buy a 50w Ceriatone Chuppa or Yeti , but they are closed so no since in ordering one now..only upgrade i wanted was a little better loop on it....but the FM3 is really nice tho.....

Back to building presets !

Mike

budda likes this.
  4. c7spheres

c7spheres GuitArtist

These are looking more awesome each time I see them. I like seeing real picts like this of them.

Mourguitars and budda like this.
  5. budda

budda Do not criticize as this Contributor

@Mourguitars there is a thread on tube feel on the fas forum (axe 3 section) - have a read and see if any of the tips help.

Mourguitars likes this.
  6. Mourguitars

Thanks I'm heading over now....it was real easy to set up , i have a preset dialed in as close as i can get it but ill do a little reading while im giving my ears a break...lol

Need to clean my desk anyways...make room !

Mike

20200424_190824.jpg

7. Mourguitars

I got lost till the wee hours playing the Strat on all , well every clean ambient patch / scenes ....there is some gems in there

Playing thru my 8" monitors and a sub...rolled the chair back and was able to get sounds that I've never played to...some patches were bass heavy but other than that...gosh it sounded lush, so much better than the Ax8

On my rack i have my 5 pre amps going in to my Patch8 and out to my Multivalve with a single input then 2 outputs to my power amp/cab....i was wondering if i could set the FM3 up the same way ? i breezed thru the manual but had every set up other than what i wanted to do...i don't like the 4CM

Going to try that out today and run thru my power amp / cab.

I could borrow my friends Friedman FRFR's and try that as well...He runs a W/D/W rig with a Mesa Mark 5:25 and real cab with the Friedmans with the AX3....thats the best sound i heard with the Fractals effects..His rig is pretty trick !

Mike

budda likes this.
  8. Mourguitars

I finally figured out how to load all my wave file IR's...have a massive library . Watched Leons vid on his take Jose mod Marshall ...it all came together then , making my presets i do most of what he does to the amp block and the right IR make a world of difference ...man this FM3 feels and sounds fantastic !

Pretty happy....

Mike