Nirvana Live! Tonight! Sold Out!!

Discussion in 'General Music Discussion' started by Shawn, Jan 22, 2007.

1. Shawn

Shawn ESP • Ibanez Forum MVP

Drew should like this dvd as i've been enjoying it alot lately. My brother in law and my sister let me borrow this last week and I must say it is awesome.

I've always been a Nirvana fan, not so much where they're my favorite band but i've always liked them enough to appreciate everything they've ever done. I recommend this dvd. It is a pretty interesting documentary.

[​IMG]

:yesway:

Korbain likes this.
  2. InTheRavensName

InTheRavensName Dog says yes ^.^ Yes

sold out eh?

:p

(sorry, I seem to be in a mischevious mood tonight, I should maybe stop posting for a while)

3. Nats

Nats SS.org Regular

the part where they're "playing" in england (i think) had me laughing so hard

4. Shawn

Yeah. :lol:

The song list~

Aneurysm
    About A Girl
    Dive
    Love Buzz
    Breed
    Smells Like Teen Spirit
    Negative Creep
    Come As You Are
    Territorial Pissings
    Something In The Way
    Lithium
    Drain You
    Polly
    Sliver
    On A Plain
    Endless, Nameless

Extras - Live In Amsterdam

School
    About A Girl
    Been A Son
    On A Plain
    Blew

:yesway:

5. Naren

Naren OldschoolGhettostyle

:eek: They have "Blew" on it! (which is one of my favorite Nirvana songs)

I would consider myself a Nirvana fan. I don't care what anyone says, but I'm completely with Drew on this one. Great songwriters. I should get this DVD. I didn't even know it existed.

6. b3n

b3n ...Is unacceptable. Contributor

I remember seeing this on VHS maybe 8 years ago...It was good then and it's no doubt still good now. NIRVANA FTW :flame:

7. Korbain

Korbain Stay negative!

fuck yes! i got that. Its awsome...the end bit is the best. With the band just fucking everything up! lol. The special halloween special bit ohh. Every song is awsome too. it was hell funny too haha. Awww i miss nirvana, simply because they fucked around so much and made great music :noplease: A few of the live songs played on that were so aggressive, it was awsome watching how much kurt got into it :hbang:

8. Kotex

Kotex Trippin' balls

Nirvana is awesome.
    Always have loved them, always will. :D

9. Shawn

I still think On A Plain is the best one on the dvd. Come As You Are was always one of my favorites but they do such a horrible job on it, I think it was intentional much like how they did Smells Like Teen Spirit. :lol: They were sick of the succes they've recieved from these songs that they intentionally did a horrible job on performing them, they'd even perform other (non-hit) songs instead just because they simply did not want to play the hit songs anymore. :D

Wow. I thought Drew would post in this thread. Maybe he's growing out of the Nirvana thing. :shrug:

10. Naren

I remember an interview with Kirk where afterwards the interviewer said, "I noticed you didn't play 'Smells Like Teen Spirit' tonight" and he replied, "Oh, that would have made it perfect. Besides, it would have taken me at least 5 minutes to remember how the solo in that song goes" in a very sarcastic voice. It was very clear he never wanted to play that song again. :lol:

11. Shawn

:agreed: ^

I thought it was funny when a host of a tv show in Europe said they'd be performing Lithium but instead they perform something else, a non-hit. :lol:

12. Naren

Well, there was that one music video awards show or something on MTV where they were supposed to play one of their hits and they played "Rape Me" (which hadn't been released yet and completely shocked a lot of people who watched).

13. DDDorian

DDDorian Mantis Toboggan, M.D Super Moderator

Is their SNL performance on this DVD anywhere? Not a huge fan of this band or SNL but they gave a hilarious performance there, as have many other bands.

14. Shawn

Good tune.^ :yesway:

DDDorian, there's a short brief clip of them playing SNL, that was crazy too. :lol:

I was surprised to see Cobain smash his black strat (with the white pickups and vandalism bumper sticker), snapped the neck right off and threw the body. :eek: I've always liked that guitar. I also noted that it was a Fernandes and not a Fender. Maybe he had two. :shrug:

15. okta

okta SS.org Regular

Is it that one on Jay Leno?
    they played territorial pissing and smash the stuff there.

16. DDDorian

DDDorian Mantis Toboggan, M.D Super Moderator

I read about this once, MTV wanted them to play "Smells Like Teen Spirit" but they wanted to play "Rape Me", in the end they ended up compromising by saying they'd play "Lithium". When it came time to play the song Kurt played the intro to "Rape Me" and then switched into "Lithium" just before the floor manager could turn the camera off.

I love in the SNL clip how Kurt is singing with his arms crossed, staring out into space during the verses, and how during the guitar solo he just swings the guitar around for a while haha. Some other cool SNL performances include Faith No More doing "Epic" where Mike just held his mouth open during the chorus and "magically" sang, or heldthe mic to other band members who lip-synced to the chorus, or when AC/DC did it and deliberately all mimed at a different tempo.

17. Korbain

Korbain Stay negative!

LOL i remember that. Fucking funny bastard. Has anyone seen the 93 MTV awards interview with nirvana after they got an award. They give the interviewer so much shit lol. :hbang:

18. Naren

Yeah. The Faith No More performance of "Epic" was a pretty cool one.

I know Nirvana did "Smells Like Teen Spirit" and "Heart Shaped Box" on SNL and they might have done another one. I saw some clips from the show they were on and they were just goofing around the whole time. Kirk had a really seriously look on his face and then instantly changed it into this ridiculous over-done smile during a host segment skit. :lol:

19. TheCopeOfHeaven

TheCopeOfHeaven You, Who? Yoo-hoo!

12/06/91 - Channel 4 Studios (Tonight with Jonathan Ross) - London, United Kingdom

source: Nirvana Live Guide

:hbang:

20. Drew

Drew Forum MVP

:lol:

I'm with you, Naren, "Blew" is an awesome tune.

I've never seen this... I haven't seen much live Nirvana, actually. I should look for a copy.