NHL 2021

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
I’m ready, I need something to watch.

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
Remember that even though the exact future of the NHL is TBD, the World Juniors will start soon :fever:

Might be better than usual with guys potentially being allowed to play that wouldn’t have been released by their NHL teams. Looking forward to seeing how McMicheal does too, could be on the Caps real soon as a regular.

AdamMaz

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
After signing is first post-NYR contract (1 year contract), Lundsqvist has already declared forfeit for the whole upcoming season. Sounds like he is stopping just short of retirement unfortunately.

Last edited:

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
After signing is first post-NYR contract (1 year contract), Lundsqvist has already declared forfeit for the whole upcoming season. Sounds like he is stopping just short of retirement unfortunately.

Seems like he’s been having heart issues since he arrived, they’ve been doing testing and decided he shouldn’t play until they figure it out.

AdamMaz

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
After the crazy goalie market this offseason, I don't even remember who is left on the market for Washington. Something tells me Samsonov still needs a veteran.

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
After the crazy goalie market this offseason, I don't even remember who is left on the market for Washington. Something tells me Samsonov still needs a veteran.

As far as veterans... Cory Schneider, Jimmy Howard, Craig Anderson, and Ryan Miller. None are looking particularly good as far as splitting games, but maybe they could provide some mentoring.

AdamMaz

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
As far as veterans... Cory Schneider, Jimmy Howard, Craig Anderson, and Ryan Miller. None are looking particularly good as far as splitting games, but maybe they could provide some mentoring.
I think Anderson would be the best choice, followed by Miller. I don't think Schneider will ever return to form and I'm not sure Howard ever proved he was more than a backup.

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
Actually Miller has the best stats of the 3 over the last few years, but he’s only been getting 20-25 games a year. They wanted Lundqvist to split the season with Samsonov though, so that plan might be out the window completely even with another veteran.

AdamMaz

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Come to think of it, Miller was a franchise goalie for many years to the team that drafted him. Probably the perfect mentor for an heir apparent.

AdamMaz

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
The divisions are so odd, especially the Central and Pacific.
nhl-divisional-alignment.jpg

Especially why Dallas is in the same division as Tampa. would have made more sense to switch Dallas and St-Louis.

ElysianGuitars

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Especially why Dallas is in the same division as Tampa. would have made more sense to switch Dallas and St-Louis.

I honestly think Dallas ownership strong-armed this alignment. They were in the Pacific in the originally proposed alignment.

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
The East is gonna be so tough.

AdamMaz

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
The offside rule has just been officially tweaked for the upcoming season. It is more forgiving, should make for less whistles, allow for more of a step with speed. Also more forgiving on delayed offsides, a subtle and probably insignificant effect.

AdamMaz

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Looks like it is only teams' first game that they've announced for now, but the most interesting part:

"It is the current plan to play games in the home arenas of participating teams while understanding that most arenas will not, at least in the initial part of the season, be able to host fans. However, depending on prevailing conditions both in local markets and across North America, the League will be prepared to play games in one or more "neutral site" venues per division should it become necessary. Each team in the East, Central and West divisions will play every other team in its division eight times while each team in the North Division will play every other team in its division nine or 10 times."