NHL 2021-2022

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Let's hope so... and I haven't seen an ECF game yet, but officiating was pretty random before that so no surprise if it hasn't changed.
In the WCF it was pretty much "if your team is ahead in the 3rd, and you trip, it's gonna get called. Otherwise, have at." so maybe the Cup final will be better?

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
In the WCF it was pretty much "if your team is ahead in the 3rd, and you trip, it's gonna get called. Otherwise, have at." so maybe the Cup final will be better?

I noticed that, watched a decent amount of the WCF. I'm not holding by breath for officiating to improve :lol:

AdamMaz

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Nah that Rangers team is dirty as hell, I can't be upset about them going home. Trouba and LeFrenier made a hobby out of throwing elbows and head shots whenever possible so I'm glad they're golfing.
I would normally agree with you about dirty play/teams, but I can make an exception against Tampa, so:

Metallica_-_Kill_%27Em_All_cover.jpg

Vostre Roy

Disciple of Djod
Reaction score
Shea Weber ('s contract) have been traded to the Golden Knights for Evgenii Dadonov. Wondering if this trade will go through ahaha

Also not sure how those affect the salary caps of both teams, Weber is still on the LTIR and the Habs had virtually no cap room.

AdamMaz

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Also not sure how those affect the salary caps of both teams, Weber is still on the LTIR and the Habs had virtually no cap room.
Dadonov = 1 year left on contract with a cap hit of somewhere around 5 million.
Weber = LTIR for 4 years (not sure what the cap hit ends up being, but I can only imagine much lower than 5 million).

Vegas gets immediate cap flexibility. Montreal gets a roster player on an expiring contract, then longterm cap space/flexibility. It certainly does limit what we can do in free agency this offseason, however I think it will take another year or two before we can be aggressive anyway. Good trade for both.

Loved watching Tampa squirm last night in only the 1st period and seeing Cirelli/Cooper lose their composure :mrburns:

Vostre Roy

Disciple of Djod
Reaction score
Dadonov = 1 year left on contract with a cap hit of somewhere around 5 million.
Weber = LTIR for 4 years (not sure what the cap hit ends up being, but I can only imagine much lower than 5 million).

Vegas gets immediate cap flexibility. Montreal gets a roster player on an expiring contract, then longterm cap space/flexibility. It certainly does limit what we can do in free agency this offseason, however I think it will take another year or two before we can be aggressive anyway. Good trade for both.

Loved watching Tampa squirm last night in only the 1st period and seeing Cirelli/Cooper lose their composure :mrburns:

Well, can't see any flaw in that logic!

And side note, that's the second time in a row that the Habs trade their captain to Vegas, so why not giving the "C" to Petry? :fever:

AdamMaz

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Game 2, 5-0 COL with 3 minutes left in the 2nd... Tampa is getting thoroughly dominated in all aspects. Watching Colorado outplay them basically the entire series thus far, I don't know that Tampa can keep up with them, let alone turn the series around. A potential sweep looks surprisingly realistic.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Game 2, 5-0 COL with 3 minutes left in the 2nd... Tampa is getting thoroughly dominated in all aspects. Watching Colorado outplay them basically the entire series thus far, I don't know that Tampa can keep up with them, let alone turn the series around. A potential sweep looks surprisingly realistic.

Cooper apparently said something about Colorado not being able to keep up this pace. He clearly didn't watch the earlier series :lol:

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Cooper is so annoying... and this is freaking hilarious looking at the "controversy"... pointing out there were 7 Tampa skaters at the same time is priceless

AdamMaz

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I didn't realize the 7 Lightning players :lol:

Cooper's post-game was incredibly cringeworthy... boohoo.