NHL 2019-2020

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by technomancer, Jun 21, 2019.

1. technomancer

technomancer Gearus Pimptasticus Super Moderator

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

The Pens normally have guys injured, but not this many by the third game of the season. This is insane. The last game was almost freaking comedy as Sullivan decided to go with 7 D and more guys got hurt so they were down to 9 forwards at one point :facepalm:

2. technomancer

And now apparently McCann is out... this is seriously ridiculous.

3. JSanta

JSanta SS.org Regular

The Sabres have had a great start to the season. I was able to go to the game on Monday and it was good to see them play a complete game, and not let up in the 3rd when they were already up by 2. It seem's that Ralph's system is working for the players. I'm excited to see how the pieces come together.

AdamMaz likes this.
  4. AdamMaz

AdamMaz SS.org Regular

I'm actually happy for Buffalo, finally looking like the team they are suppose to be. Killer power play too.

5. technomancer

Buffalo is looking really good this year, hopefully they can get some consistency and have a good year.

Also, loving that NBC is not mentioning that a defensman is actually playing wing for the Pens tonight. Riikola is in and playing wing on one of the lines.

EDIT: and at the injury analysis at the first period break they didn't mention that McCann, who has been playing center for the Pens in place of Malkin, is also out now.

6. technomancer

Pens score a short handed overtime goal to hand the Avs their first defeat of the season :eek:

7. JSanta

JSanta SS.org Regular

Saw a big hole in their play from last night, lack of physical play. They let the Ducks bully them most of the game. What will be interesting to see is how they play The Kings tonight, whether they have short memories and can come out after a big loss and put a full game together.

8. technomancer

We'll see. I like the Avs so hoping they have a good year.

I'm still honestly shocked at how well then Pens are playing with the number of guys they have injured. I figured they'd hobble through and come out well enough to dig out of the hole later, not go on a winning streak :lol: Even Johnson has been looking decent and Tanev has been a fantastic addition this year.

9. JSanta

JSanta SS.org Regular

The Pens are pretty deep on every line, which makes them dangerous in almost any situation. So far, the season has had a great start for a lot of teams, and should make the next few months very interesting.

technomancer likes this.
  10. technomancer

Yeah I think the biggest shockers are Tampa getting off to a slow start and how bad the Devils and Rangers have been. With the lineup upgrades I expected the Devils and Rangers to be doing a bit better.

11. ElysianGuitars

ElysianGuitars SS.org Regular

The slow start for Dallas is starting to look worse and worse... They better pull their heads out if they want to be even remotely relevant by the Winter Classic... We won't hesitate to boo them off the ice if they're still this bad.

12. technomancer

Let's hope they stay bad for the game on Friday against the Pens :rofl:

13. JD27

JD27 ESP Cult Member

Pretty shocking, figured they would have been a strong team. I knew hell probably froze over though when the Caps beat them in Dallas for the first time in regulation since 1995.

14. JSanta

JSanta SS.org Regular

And the fact that Buffalo steamrolled them on Monday. I'm surprised the Stars have been as bad as they are.

15. AdamMaz

AdamMaz SS.org Regular

Apparently injury-plagued Pittsburgh > Dallas.

technomancer, please submit all rights to complain to ElysianGuitars :fawk:

technomancer and ElysianGuitars like this.
  16. ElysianGuitars

Just waiting for heads to roll at this point, specifically Jim Nill and Jim Lites.

It's a pretty sad thing to know your team will likely miss the playoffs and it's still October.

17. technomancer

Pittsburgh still looks good but the injuries are just ridiculous... Dumoulin apparently had something happen in warmups last night and is now out and McCann was out again last night after being back for one game. Jack Johnson came in for Dumoulin and Riikola was playing wing again... and they still would have won against Vegas if Fleury hadn't been unbelievable. The game was 1-0 until the last 2 minutes when Vegas got 2 empty net goals.

I'm really happy with how the team is playing, just really not happy with the plague of injuries :lol:

18. JSanta

JSanta SS.org Regular

I watched all three West Coast games (granted, the next day because my old ass can't stay up until 1am and get to work by 7), and I was really impressed with how the Sabres played. Last year, they'd play ok for a game and squeak out a win, lose, and then that loss would cascade into several more losses. They came out and outplayed LA and did really well against SJ. SJ had a rough start to their season, but they are looking really good right now. I'm looking forward to the rematch tomorrow night.

19. technomancer

The Sabres are looking really good so far this year.

Losing Dumoulin is really hurting the Pens, which is to be expected given he is their best d-man in his own end. Moving Marino to the top pair is clearly not working out well either... the kid is going to be good, but he and Letang were a combined -5 last night. Letang has been a -2 in the 2 losses as well.

20. ElysianGuitars

Maybe Stars turned the corner. Looking better each game.