AdamMaz

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I thought sure Ottawa was going to end up sitting on him until they lost him to free agency :lol:
I was convinced this would have happen with Pacioretty. Can't talk shit about Bergevin this time, especially when you compare the two trades :ugh:

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I was convinced this would have happen with Pacioretty. Can't talk shit about Bergevin this time, especially when you compare the two trades :ugh:

Yeah you guys are at least better than the train wreck that is Ottaws :rofl:

I shouldn't throw stones though, I suspect I will be feeling your pain in a few years with the Pens aka the Kings of the east.

Pav

???
Reaction score
Looks like Henrik Zetterberg is done. He apparently has a degenerative back problem that has become too much of a risk to keep playing. Sad that he had to bow out so suddenly like this.

RustInPeace

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Pacific Conference Just got a whole lot tougher, while Edmonton did nothing all summer except lose #3 defenceman (Sekerea) and sign aging vets to tryouts who failed their physicals (Upshall).

AdamMaz

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Looks like Henrik Zetterberg is done. He apparently has a degenerative back problem that has become too much of a risk to keep playing. Sad that he had to bow out so suddenly like this.
Suddenly? He's been injured so much the past couple of years and at his age, I've been expecting it for awhile... very sad yes. Will always remember the year he beat Crosby for the Cup :cond:

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Always a shame to see a great player retire.

Adam you would have loved it, we were there and saw him hoist the Cup :lol:

Also how the hell do you manage to come into training camp injured? I'm looking at you Riley Sheahan :lol: Fortunately I think the Pens have 12 centers on the roster now so it will be fine...

Oh damn, also just saw Sullivan's dad passed away. That is a shame :(

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Congratulations to the Sabres starting lineup on beating the Pens AHL club 3-2 last night :lol:

I've only gotten to watch the first period so far but the AHL guys were holding their own.

AdamMaz

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I think Domi got off easy with just the preseason suspension.

Despite the score of last nights game, both preseason games thus far have shown a young team with promise. Very excited for the future.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah that was some stupidity right there. It would be one thing if there was some real violent or dirty stuff happening, but decking a guy in a preseason game because he bumped you is just stupid.

AdamMaz

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Aftermath cleaned up:
20180921-174217-g.jpg

RustInPeace

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Ekblad has had a few concussions already too, hasnt he?

Oilers preseason is giving hope. Yeah its preseason, but Ty "The Answer" Rattie has put up 7 points in 2 games and is likely to slot in on McDadivs right wing to start the year. Last season he played 15 or so games there and had 9 points in that time frame. Late bloomer??

I think moving forward, Edmonton is going to have to find and cycle through extremely cheap and hopefully effective wingers to line up the sides with the amount of cash McD and Drai are commanding now. Pitts had to do the same once Sid and Gino were signed.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Tonight's Pens preseason game should be interesting... first time they're putting most of their regular season roster on the ice.

AdamMaz

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Tonight's Pens preseason game should be interesting... first time they're putting most of their regular season roster on the ice.
Same tonight for both Habs and Toronto, as they square off. Toronto is expected to roll out their 3 top centers (Tavares/Matthews/Kadri) vs Price in net and Kotkaniemi centering a 2nd line (I imagined possibly matched up against Matthews?).

Our 3rd overall pick this year Kotkaniemi has been the real deal, he is clearly effective at the NHL level. The only 2 questions left to be answered are how does he fare against some of the NHLs best centers, and how long do we wait to let him growup/develop physically vs keeping him permanently in the NHL??

Last edited:

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well looks like Kotkaniemi is staying in the NHL for the Habs. Hopefully the kid does well :yesway:

Not sure what's going to happen with the Pens. Sprong is on a one way deal and underperformed in the preseason while Juuso Riikola basically upstaged the Pens entire D core but will likely end up in the AHL because he doesn't have to clear waivers. In addition Brassard is looking more like what everyone hoped for / expected last year. He apparently played his entire time with Pens with a groin injury that was really slowing him down.

AdamMaz

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Well looks like Kotkaniemi is staying in the NHL for the Habs. Hopefully the kid does well :yesway:
2 of our first 4 games are against the Pens, back-to-back Saturdays, you should get to see a lot of him.

First 4 games are going to match him up against some of the leagues best centers... Toronto (Tavares/Matthews/Kadri), Pittsburgh (Crosby/Malkin)
and LA (Kopitar/Carter). We'll get to see just how good the kid is, and sooner than later too.