NHL 2017 - 2018

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Unfortunately, the turtle is the Caps spirit animal. It's almost like the refuse to close teams out sometimes.

:rofl:

With the Pens they don't usually turtle... they just sort of slack off. It seems like sometimes in elimination games that aren't a game 7 they're like "Eh, we've got a couple of games to take care of this, no need to push it." :lol:

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Textbook example of why you don't try to turtle on a one goal lead...

And it's precisely why I wanted the B's to score another goal to make it 6-4 :lol: One is breathing room for a few minutes, two is a little bit more room, and three is usually a guarantee provide you keep playing the game somewhat.

AxeHappy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
That third period was embarrassing to watch. 4 unanswered goals against in a game 7?

Did the Leafs just decide they preferred golf to hockey during the 2nd intermission?

I don't get all the hate against Gardiner though. Or rather, I do get it (because Leafs fans are ridiculous) but it's not like Matthews showed up to play for the entire series, and Andersen let in some real soft goals over the series and in game 7. Plenty of weak playing to go around.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
So looking back at the series

Sharks and Vegas - swept series
Tampa and Winnipeg - won in 5 games
Pittsburgh, Washington, Nashville - won in 6 games
Boston - won in 7 games

Would not have guessed Sharks to sweep the Ducks, although I am glad, or that given how our first 2 games went against Toronto, we'd be the ones having to go to a game 7

AdamMaz

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Considering the teams still in the playoffs;I never thought I would say this, but in all honesty I would rather see every single team from the West win the Cup over every single team in the East.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Considering the teams still in the playoffs;I never thought I would say this, but in all honesty I would rather see every single team from the West win the Cup over every single team in the East.

SJ, NSH, and for shits, Winnipeg because why not in that order are my OKs for winning the cup.

But not Pittsburgh or the God damn Caps

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
I say the Caps switch things up this time and get swept instead.

AdamMaz

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Jets are looking like the real deal. Despite being heavily outshot, they are playing great defense and counter-attacking very effectively. They allow the Preds to do set breakouts from behind their own net, unopposed, but are very well prepared defensively.

Beautiful road game by them so far, half way into the 3rd. Nice back and forth hockey, will be a great series.

I like both teams, but I am rooting more for Subban.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Got to admit I was not expecting Tampa to get their asses handed to them that badly...

We're a better match for Tampa than Toronto, they were only 1 point ahead of us in the season and we beat them in almost every game we played against them.

They might have a few star players, but I feel like we've got them on depth.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
We're a better match for Tampa than Toronto, they were only 1 point ahead of us in the season and we beat them in almost every game we played against them.

They might have a few star players, but I feel like we've got them on depth.

Yeah I'm aware of the matchup but Vasilevskiy just plain looked bad... he gave up 5 goals on 23 shots and most of them were definitely not unstoppable scoring opportunities :lol:

Pav

???
Reaction score
Looks like the Sabres won the Rasmus Dahlin lottery. What an unexpected twist! Edmonton isn't even in the top three this year!

Latest posts