NHL 2015-2016: Expansion! 3 on 3 OT! Coaches Challenge!

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by Sofos, Jun 24, 2015.

1. JD27

JD27 ESP Cult Member

Where are all the trades? This deadline day has been a snoozer so far.

2. Pav

Pav ???

Well, I'm guessing the day's big blockbuster trade has already come and gone with Eric Staal being traded to the Rangers.

3. JD27

JD27 ESP Cult Member

I guess so and it wasn't even on deadline day. Only 8 trades today, nothing special anywhere.:noway: I want chaos!:lol:

4. AdamMaz

AdamMaz SS.org Regular

I was expecting a lot of movement in Edmonton, oh well.

5. Sephiroth952

Sephiroth952 Ibby Fanboy

We ended up losing the best name in the NHL. Jyrki Jokipakka. :(

6. technomancer

technomancer Gearus Pimptasticus Super Moderator

Aaand Pens lose Warsofsky on waivers to Jersey :facepalm:

But hey we made room for another minus machine from the Oilers... no idea why they recalled him and then sent him down again, freaking idiot move by Rutherford.

7. technomancer

Also betting the "three goalie tandem" in Pittsburgh with Murray in the NHL means Zatkoff doesn't dress again this year unless somebody gets injured.

I'm curious if Murray gets the start tonight against the Caps or if they're going to attempt to have Fleury play two nights in a row...

8. RustInPeace

RustInPeace SS.org Regular

I cant believe we got a 3rd rounder for Justin "softer than hot butter" Schultz. Be prepared for missed defensive zone coverage, minimal to zero physical play, and a muffin of a shot that sometimes almost hits the net.

9. Pav

Pav ???

I was pretty confused by the Justin Schultz trade. My only guess is Rutherford desperately wanted another right-shooting defenseman as a safety net in case Ben Lovejoy stays injured into the playoffs. But even then, we're depleting our draft picks rapidly here.

10. RustInPeace

Chia is starting to form the Oilers into a real western conf team. Big heavy team. Yeah were sitting in last again, and might draft 1st overall again, but I expect actual big moves this summer. Hall and Eberle are definitely on the table, as I think Chia wants the core to be focused down the middle with Draisaitl, McJesus, and Nugent-Hopkins.

Hopefully we could land a 1/2 D like Hamonic or Shattenkirk in the offseason.

11. technomancer

Yeah honestly though Schultz is another move that isn't going to actually help the team... unless he does a major turnaround once he gets here. Because you know that seems to happen with everybody the pens trade for :rofl:

(ok Daley is the exception, but it really does seem like almost everybody we trade for gets worse when they get here...)

12. Pav

Pav ???

I'm assuming he'll either be sent to WBS or sat as a healthy scratch most nights, probably more for depth if someone gets hurt in/before the playoffs.

And Matt Murray's rebound control last night was giving me anxiety attacks.

13. technomancer

Pretty sure Zatkoff has a one way deal because Rutherford is a moron. I suspect they tried to trade him and got no interest so he's going to sit for the rest of the season until his contract is up. I would guess he'll only see time in net if somebody is injured or really takes a major hit in performance.

I didn't see last night's game, was out doing stuff. I recorded it and was going to watch it if they won... but since they lost didn't bother :lol:

14. technomancer

Holy crap the Pens beat the Rangers 4-1 :woot:

Granted Mark Staal and Rick Nash weren't in the lineup, but still nice :lol:

15. RustInPeace

Incoming suspension for Nurse:

16. Pav

Pav ???

Welp, reports are saying Las Vegas is going to be awarded an expansion franchise for next season. Go ahead and read through the comments sections on some of the sites reporting this; I didn't know it was even possible to gather so many angry, bitter Canadians in one spot. :eek: You would think Gary Bettman personally removed the Nords from Quebec and then fired cruise missiles at the province, people are so upset.

17. Vostre Roy

Vostre Roy Disciple of Djod

I have yet to see that information, none of the information/sport website I go to have mentionned anything about that.

My feeling right now is that at least one team will be relocated, either in Quebec or Las Vegas, and maybe the other city will get a new franchise. Since they avoid speaking about it while the process is ongoing kinda make me think that they just want to end the season before speaking it out so they wont loose money from the franchise that is about to move.

18. Pav

Pav ???

From what I've read, it's (mostly) all based on an interview Georges Laraque did in Montreal recently. He said Quebec has essentially been eliminated and Las Vegas will be getting a team. Obviously this is far from an official announcement so take it with a grain of salt. However, I'd be lying if I said the league didn't seem like it was leaning toward Las Vegas. Bettman has always been a big proponent of trying to expand the game into new markets rather than cashing in on existing ones.

And in reading about this, I just couldn't help but notice how violently angry Canadian hockey fans were getting over any/all hints that Quebec won't be getting a new team. It was almost frightening.

19. AdamMaz

AdamMaz SS.org Regular

I hate this season so much, ugh :(

20. technomancer

It has been a pretty brutal season for Habs fans :(

Man hip checked in the head by your own guy...

Looks like Fehr and Hagelin will probably be back for the Pens tonight