NHL 2014 - 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pav

???
Reaction score
I liked some of the moves he's made this past year, but after that garbage I think it's time for him to move on and let Bill Guerin get his feet wet.

RustInPeace

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Chairelli in Edmonton today talking to Oilers brass. Also, Todd Mclellan was contacted by the Oilers earlier this week. The winds of change are starting to blow...

zappatton2

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Sad to see Winnipeg eliminated.

Especially by the Ducks. I'm not a Sens fan, but living in Ottawa, I remember how stoked the city was when they made it to the final, just to get defeated by a team whose hometown seemed like it couldn't possibly care less. The Kings and Sharks pull out some pretty rabid Cali fans, but it never seems like Anaheim even notices their team in the playoffs (I could be wrong, basing that just on local coverage).

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Chairelli in Edmonton today talking to Oilers brass. Also, Todd Mclellan was contacted by the Oilers earlier this week. The winds of change are starting to blow...

He was hired as GM and President of Hockey Operations according to the text I just got.

Pav

???
Reaction score
I just got a text saying Devin Dubnyk is a finalist for the Vezina this year.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
SO glad the Pens traded for Lovejoy... we need more D-men that don't cover the man coming out of the corner and back up to block the goalie's view of the puck carrier :facepalm:

Even better, he's still under contract so we've still got another year of him :wallbash:

Pav

???
Reaction score
We were essentially screwed from the get-go by having to rely on someone like Lovejoy to play a top-four role. We also shot ourselves in the foot pretty badly by icing a team comprised of Crosby and Fleury having to stand on their heads every night while 16 of their teammates racked up nothing but PIMs.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
We were essentially screwed from the get-go by having to rely on someone like Lovejoy to play a top-four role. We also shot ourselves in the foot pretty badly by icing a team comprised of Crosby and Fleury having to stand on their heads every night while 16 of their teammates racked up nothing but PIMs.

No arguments. "Tougher" does not equal taking four or more stupid stick penalties nightly. Sadly that's all coaching, and from the sounds of it this staff isn't going anywhere. But hey, with all the one year deals half the team will be different next year :lol:

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm actually really curious to see how the Rangers D looks in the next round. They looked nearly unbeatable against the Pens and I'm curious to see if it was the Pens underperforming (they had difficulty scoring for a large part of the season) or the Rangers being that good.

That said the outcome was a lot closer than I thought it would be. I expected the Pens to go out in 4 or 5, I did not expect there to be four 2-1 games.

protest

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I'm actually really curious to see how the Rangers D looks in the next round. They looked nearly unbeatable against the Pens and I'm curious to see if it was the Pens underperforming (they had difficulty scoring for a large part of the season) or the Rangers being that good.

That said the outcome was a lot closer than I thought it would be. I expected the Pens to go out in 4 or 5, I did not expect there to be four 2-1 games.

I wish that series could have ended in a tie, with no one moving on to the next round.

I can't watch the hockey playoffs because I hate every other team haha.

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score

They did make it a lot closer than I thought it would be. And yes the Rangers D is that good. They easily have the best D in the East, definitely tops in the league.

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
I wish that series could have ended in a tie, with no one moving on to the next round.

I can't watch the hockey playoffs because I hate every other team haha.

I'm that way with football. But with hockey, I love the game too much. So when the Caps are out (which usually happens quickly) I still watch all the games.

Pav

???
Reaction score
I actually thought the Rangers looked fairly underwhelming. Considering how depleted and undisciplined we were, for four games to end 2-1 I can't see them getting past a team like Montreal that actually has their .... together.

Vostre Roy

Disciple of Djod
Reaction score
I actually thought the Rangers looked fairly underwhelming. Considering how depleted and undisciplined we were, for four games to end 2-1 I can't see them getting past a team like Montreal that actually has their .... together.

After yesteday's 5-1 game, I wouldn't have so much confidence about that fact :lol:

AdamMaz

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Although they do play a very well structured game that reminds me of the Bruins a couple of years back, Montreal's offence is uninspired and predictable. Rangers defence could easily hold/frustrate them. Would make for a good series, much tighter than last years ECF.

Status
Not open for further replies.