NGGD : the ultimate 7 string......why not ?

Geisterfaust

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Really cool. Curious about the intent of the fretless zone. Luckily it's lined but the intonation gets hairy to pull off the further up the fretboard. How hard is it to nail intonation there?

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Wow, that is super cool! How did you find that? I thought I had all the possible feelers out for batshit crazy ERGs. The slotted HS on the electric alone is worth the price of admission.

Reaction score
... perto de onde a terra acaba e o mar começa...
Really cool. Curious about the intent of the fretless zone. Luckily it's lined but the intonation gets hairy to pull off the further up the fretboard. How hard is it to nail intonation there?

intonation on a fretless, when possible to tune, is the same as on fretted guitars. When their bridge doesn't have a movable saddle to get the intonation right, the intonation is done at the fingerboard by the player's fingers, as with all arch played cordophone.

@77zark77 I see MIDI outs, are all strings MIDI or just some of them in both necks? What MIDI system is in there?

77zark77

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
@Geisterfaust : What said @odibrom (thanks man) Couldn't have said better

@Hollowway : I found it on Re ve rb

@odibrom : there are 2 independant midi systems : GraphTech Ghost Acoustiphonic / Hexpander preamp
I didn't managed to understand all about the system due to lack of time (and a bit of lazyness I have to admit)
The low B doesn't play the midi game ( obviously ) but I still have to open the rear cavity to make adjustements
It's very sensitive and some strings don't play the right notes
For example, with a organ patch (GR55), the low E on the electric side plays Eb, and it's unplayable on the acoustic side
I have some different oddities with different patches
I still need to figure it out

Last edited:

Geisterfaust

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
intonation on a fretless, when possible to tune, is the same as on fretted guitars. When their bridge doesn't have a movable saddle to get the intonation right, the intonation is done at the fingerboard by the player's fingers, as with all arch played cordophone.

@77zark77 I see MIDI outs, are all strings MIDI or just some of them in both necks? What MIDI system is in there?

I can appreciate that as a fretless player. I guess what I meant is that it begins to be harder to play in tune on a fretless as the notes get closer together (easier to sound out of pitch as the distance between notes narrows). I’m used to seeing hybrid designs where the lower “frets” are fretless or the higher strings are fretless. Was curious why the builder picked that location. Either way, I dig all the ideas going on here.

77zark77

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I think it's just a funny way to use a part of the fretboard you rarely use when it's fretted

Marked Man

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I don't know if I'm capable of writing a song cool enough to be played on the guitar in the OP, but I'd love to try!