NGD

danresn

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I was just wondering about in my local music store (They are great about just letting people hang around and jam) and I saw this guitar had been marked down $1000. I've been looking at it for a long time but it was always outside of my student budget, but now it was different.

Its a Cort NZS-2 and is an absolute beast of a player. I've always been a huge fan of Cort's for their price and for the reduced price this comes with Sperzel locking tunings and Seymour Duncan (not designed pickups). The neck is super comfortable similar to most EBMM. Its the signature guitar for some guy that I've never heard and whom insisted on putting a butt ugly inlay on the twelth fret.

Specs:

CONSTRUCTION Bolt-on
BODY American basswood w/ quilted maple top
NECK Maple 3pc, uneven ''C'' Shape
NECK WIDTH 1F : 41.5mm / 24F : 56mm
NECK THICKNESS 1F : 20.5mm / 12F : 22mm
FINGERBOARD
Bird's eye maple, 12'' Radius(305mm)
FRET
24 / Medium (2.3mm)
INLAY
''NZ'' Logo w/ Black Dot
TUNER
Sperzel trim-lok
SCALE 25 1/2'' (648mm)
NUT Bone
BRIDGE TonePros Lic. Locking C-TPFP bridge w /string thru body
PICKUP Seymour Duncan Zebra '59 RP & Custom Custom (H-H)
CONTROL 1vol, 1toggle (coil split), 3way Lever
P

Attachments

• IMG_0073.jpg
    IMG_0073.jpg
    542.8 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_0074.jpg
    IMG_0074.jpg
    598.2 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_0078.jpg
    IMG_0078.jpg
    749.3 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_0084.jpg
    IMG_0084.jpg
    684.7 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_0085.jpg
    IMG_0085.jpg
    653.9 KB · Views: 37

soliloquy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
for a grand, i was gonna say you WAY over paid for it. then i saw your location and said 'you WAY under paid for that!!!'

i tried out the blue version of it. if i remember correctly, they had a slightly lop-sided neck. it was thinner towards the lower E side than towards the higher E (or was it the other way around?) pretty cool player actually!

and Zaza is a brilliant player too!

good job on the score!

danresn

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
nice!
how do you like the custom custom?

I love it! Big fan of SD pickups in general, they always sound great and have never been disappointed. Have them in every axe bar my 8 with barenuckles.

for a grand, i was gonna say you WAY over paid for it. then i saw your location and said 'you WAY under paid for that!!!'

i tried out the blue version of it. if i remember correctly, they had a slightly lop-sided neck. it was thinner towards the lower E side than towards the higher E (or was it the other way around?) pretty cool player actually!

and Zaza is a brilliant player too!

good job on the score!

The neck is asymmetrical, feels great. I actually paid $800 for it with a hard case. However it has been a floor model for a couple years (Hence the discount) but it was set up for free with new strings so I don't really mind.