NGD with a few problems

Discussion in 'Extended Range Guitars' started by conorreich, Mar 1, 2020.

1. conorreich

conorreich Momento Mori

I just came into possesion of an Agile Interceptor 828 with a kahler and emg 808s. I also think there are some blemishes I may send it back over. I want y'alls opinion on whether I should or not, because I love the guitar. It was not mentioned as a B stock. Pics in the drive link.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=15Yup9X1qBnbZxUK3XRx3mFwEMM2mKJwn

2. High Plains Drifter

High Plains Drifter ... drifting...

I see a missing e-string as well as a chewed up G string. Other than that I can't really see the blemishes in those pics. It's a crap shoot if you send it back. Replacement could also have an issue/ issues. I try for the most part to look over very subtle blemishes if the guitar is otherwise sound... regarding intonation, fret finishing, nut slots, feel, tone, play-ability, etc, etc. Those are the big things that tend to make it or break it for me. At least from your pics, I can't see anything significant. I'd prob opt to keep it unless Agile says that you won't have to pay return shipping on the next one as well as this one. Cost of shipping guitars adds up quick. Nice lookin axe.. Congrats if you keep it.

conorreich likes this.
  3. MaxOfMetal

MaxOfMetal Likes trem wankery. Super Moderator

You're probably not going to get much better with a replacement. That's just how Agile are. You get a decently built guitar with a beefed up spec sheet for half of retail that's a little rough around the edges.

That said, if it really bothers you, Rondo is usually open to giving partial refunds, which would probably be your best bet if you genuinely like the guitar as is.

Solodini and conorreich like this.
  4. MaxAidingAres

MaxAidingAres SS.org Regular

You got this from rondo? Agiles in general are average. Not terrible but not amazing unless your expectations are low. I dont see any blemishes on your guitar other than maybe play wear like scratches. My rule of thumbs for agiles is keep the one that plays nice not looks perfect. Once you start playing youll forget about how thw guitar looks.

c7spheres likes this.
  5. conorreich

conorreich Momento Mori

I've had 4 Agiles of 7 and 8 string types and this is the only brand new one I got. Which is why I wanted to know if it was something to worry about.

Thanks y'all. I'm going to keep it, but I did email Rondo's customer service about it. Honestly, it's a great guitar for what I paid. I was looking at the Jackson slat8 ff used, but I liked the features on this one more.

c7spheres likes this.
  6. conorreich

conorreich Momento Mori

So update:

Definitely keeping this guitar. I set up the kahler to my liking (first time setting up a kahler, it was fun...). I have not really used it in trem mode, just hardtail so far since I have my pitch shift effect on my HD500X.

I may replace the bridge 808 with a 81-8 or an 81-8x. The 808 is missing a bit of clarity that I want.

Otherwise it sounds great, and feels great. I'm using an HD500x through a 6505mh using the 4cm. It also sounded great straight into the amp with my Bad Monkey, or my Swashbuckler Klon clone as a boost.

I'm going to post some more pictures once I can get outside and take some natural light ones. It's hard to capture the flamed top inside.