NGD : unusual for me, but why not ? E-II EC7

Discussion in 'Sevenstring Guitars' started by 77zark77, May 28, 2021.

1. Lopp

Lopp SS.org Regular

Thanks for confirming the Pegasus/Sentient pickups are not noisy in at least one other guitar. This helps establish that a mere change of pickups will likely not directly solve the problem. I and more than one guitar tech have verified everything is grounded. The best I can come up with now is there is a ground loop or some other knot of wiring that is acting as an antenna to pick up the noise.

JimF likes this.
  2. Lopp

Lopp SS.org Regular

Thanks for confirming you do not have a noise problem. I checked it against another EC-7 ET, the exact same model, and they both had the issue. At least now I know it is not common to every instance.

Enjoy yours. It feels rock solidly built, plays smooth as warm butter (especially with those nanoweb strings), and not having to check the tuning every time you pick it up is a blessing, especially in regions with drastic climate changes.

@Flappydoodle has pretty much the same E-II EC-7 guitar, but without the Evertune. Matte black E-II EC-7 Owner's Club, members: 3!

3. tarzegetakizerd

tarzegetakizerd SS.org Regular

this makes me want a satin eclipse 7 (but in snow white) again in the future. really regretting selling my LTD EC-407 when I didn't really need to ahh