NGD to end all NGD: ESP MX-II in Snow White

Discussion in 'Standard Guitars' started by Blitzie, Sep 24, 2021.

1. RevDrucifer

RevDrucifer SS.org Regular

Too fucking cool!

If we had all known back in the 90’s what the MX’s would be going for! The Diamond Plate Hetfield sig is one I’d LOVE to get my hands on, but at this point, I could order a new Ken Lawrence for cheaper!

Blitzie likes this.
  2. Blitzie

Blitzie SS.org Regular

Yeah, except you'll be waiting 7 years for him to finish your guitar! I seriously considered it though.

I almost bought the beat up JH-2 currently listed on Reverb but got cold feet. Next day is when that angel offered me the MX. It was destiny!

RevDrucifer likes this.
  3. madrigal77

madrigal77 SS.org Regular

Nice!! Congrats!! Holy grail guitar for me too. Got mine in 2016 at the ESP Custom Shop store in Osaka. It was used and just came in. I basically shat myself when I saw it. Actually they had a new one I was checking out and the salesman asked if I was interested. I said yes and then he tells me they just got a used on in earlier in the day for much less. SOLD! It’s an ‘08 model. I paid… wait for it… $2k!! 0CD1FE9E-E86F-4622-A814-591D7656EA06.jpeg

Alex79, AkiraSpectrum, narad and 3 others like this.
  4. Protestheriphery

Protestheriphery SS.org Regular

An ESP Hetfield sig, in all but name. Catch of the century. Pretty much the holy grail of Explorers, as far as Im concerned.

Blitzie likes this.
  5. Spicypickles

Spicypickles Sweeps & Mops

Fuck you for that. 2k

madrigal77 and Blitzie like this.
  6. Blitzie

Blitzie SS.org Regular

$2k!? Even with the cost of a plane ticket, that's cheaper than you can get one stateside. Unbelievable deal! Congratulations on that. Yours looks beautiful, I dig the chrome hardware on yours. It almost looks off-white in that photo. What a beauty!

I agree 100%. This is the king of all Explorers. Gibson may have created the shape but ESP perfected it and gave one to the right frontman.

Seriously?! Who does that guy think he is?! :p

madrigal77 likes this.
  7. madrigal77

madrigal77 SS.org Regular

Yeah, I couldn’t believe it. I had to pick my jaw up off the floor when they told me the price. My wife is from Osaka, so we were there visiting family. I go to the custom shop every time I go, always hoping to get the chance to see one and maybe play it. It’s been by dream guitar since I was 16. I definitely was not expecting to come home with an ESP MX!! It is a bit off white as tends to happen with these as they age. The hardware is cosmic black (so black chrome). The original hardware on it was corroded and fucked, so I wanted to replace it right away as I was too excited. They were out of standard black TOM so I went fuck it and got cosmic black thinking I can swap everything out for standard black later. I ended up really liking it. Matches the Het Set.

Flappydoodle and Blitzie like this.
  8. Protestheriphery

Protestheriphery SS.org Regular

This post is making me all the more agitated and antsy for whenever retailers decide to restock the EII MII neck thru (low-key Hammett sig). I'm guessing mid January '22, /s...

9. Darkscience

Darkscience SS.org Regular

One of these poped up in my reverb feed today, I think $9500 is the asking price.

Blitzie likes this.
  10. Blitzie

Blitzie SS.org Regular

Even that seems like a lower price than I'd expect. Makes me even more thankful to pay what I paid!

madrigal77 likes this.