NGD to end all NGD: ESP MX-II in Snow White

Blitzie

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
This NGD has been 19 years in the making.

I've wanted one of these ever since I saw James Hetfield playing his EET FUK MX on the Seattle '89 DVD. I was 13 when I discovered Metallica and Hetfield is the reason I picked up the guitar. Metallica has been more or less my favorite band since then.

I found someone who had purchased this MX right before ESP discontinued the MX shape. He ordered it straight from Japan and it sat in its case until he sold it to me. Never even changed the factory strings. It's literally brand new.

I can't express how amazing it feels to finally have this in my possession. It doesn't feel real. And, as you'd expect from a custom shop ESP, it plays like a dream and sounds HUGE. I am in love.

Attachments

• FB45C0FF-42F5-4B93-9932-30FC3CFF468B.jpeg
    FB45C0FF-42F5-4B93-9932-30FC3CFF468B.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 214
  • C694F414-46A5-410D-B4F9-9342BD69CC9F.jpeg
    C694F414-46A5-410D-B4F9-9342BD69CC9F.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 193
  • 6FC8A5F3-E617-4A7F-89CA-BEA667131404.jpeg
    6FC8A5F3-E617-4A7F-89CA-BEA667131404.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 195

mmr007

(anti)Social Influencer
Reaction score
Dont worry I’m not gonna steal it …but like…where do you live? Are there any large dogs on the premises? Again these are just random questions. No cause for alarm.
HNGD for your sweet sweet ESP

Blitzie

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Dont worry I’m not gonna steal it …but like…where do you live? Are there any large dogs on the premises? Again these are just random questions. No cause for alarm.
HNGD for your sweet sweet ESP

No, no dogs and I don't own any weapons. I'll PM you my address. Key is under the mat.

Thank you!

FFFUUUUCCCCKKKKKK - right in the GAS. I want one so bad. It’s almost impossible to find one under 8k in decent condition (ie broken headstock etc)

I know the feeling my man, I had that feeling for like 20 years! I had to jump on it as soon as he offered it to me. I don't think I'll ever see one as cheap as this ever again.

Congratulations and welcome to the club! I have a 2020 in the same color..

I'm happy to be in the club! Are there meetings? Should I bring a side or a dessert?

Thank you! Congratulations on owning such an amazing guitar

Warmart

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Very happy for you, and just ignore the beeping noise, I don't even really remember how to track shit anymore.

Manurack

Nunavut Inuk
Reaction score
Wicked score my dude! It's so damn clean too!

Hetfield's old white Gibson and ESP Explorers have turned yellow over time, just like some light grey SNES Nintendo's turned yellow.
zigwbcybxpwaxpbds2yh.png

Your ESP is DEFINITELY in mint condition!
Just curious, what did you pay for it?

Edit: Hetfield's beard is whiter than that Gibson he's holding :lol:

Blitzie

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Wicked score my dude! It's so damn clean too!

Hetfield's old white Gibson and ESP Explorers have turned yellow over time, just like some light grey SNES Nintendo's turned yellow.
View attachment 98062

Your ESP is DEFINITELY in mint condition!
Just curious, what did you pay for it?

Edit: Hetfield's beard is whiter than that Gibson he's holding :lol:

Oh yeah, it's literally brand new! It still has the original strings from the custom shop. It's minty minty.

He sold it to me at cost, which is a hair under $7k. Can't get that price on Reverb, that's for sure haha. I got lucky!

Andromalia

Pardon my french
Reaction score
One of the few guitars I'd still want, but too expensive for my tastes given I really don't need it other than to feed the inner fanboy. Maybe after I bought a Rolls or two, and Id' be getting a black one.
Otherwise, OP: you bastard. :D

AFAIK you can still get them as long as you get them delivered to Japan, 6Kish something.

Blitzie

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
One of the few guitars I'd still want, but too expensive for my tastes given I really don't need it other than to feed the inner fanboy. Maybe after I bought a Rolls or two, and Id' be getting a black one.
Otherwise, OP: you bastard. :D

AFAIK you can still get them as long as you get them delivered to Japan, 6Kish something.

It's worth it! I'm enjoying embracing my inner fanboy, been jamming Metallica for days.

Thanks everyone! Really appreciate the support!

Latest posts