NGD The stars are crying (ESP Edwards content)

Jack Secret

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Another NGD for me and a non Ibanez this time around. Always wanted a Crying Star, a signature model from Syu from Japanese metal band Galneryus through ESP but only sold in Japan and usually around $4000 USD so imagine my shock when I saw on Reverb there was Crying Star Classic version through ESP sub brand Edwards used for a fraction of the price. Even made all in Japan like the original but the specs are closer to the ESP LTD models. Mahogany neck through, EMG '81-'85 set, coil tap, 24 jumbo frets and the odd choice of 1 volume yet 2 tone knobs plus look at the arm bevel. Enough to make Jeff Kiesel jealous! The headstock...looks kinda like an EVH Wolfgang. I would have preferred a reverse headstock but it's fine. My love and acquisition of 24 fret hardtails continues. I'm glad this came along cause I kept eyeing this Epiphone Legacy prototype that I go back to once a week to decide if it was worth buying.

image_4188.jpg image_4189.jpg image_4190.jpg image_4191.jpg image_4192.jpg

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
How's the bevel feel vs a regular star/explorer shape?

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
Jeez that thing is tight. Absolutely love it.

Jack Secret

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
How's the bevel feel vs a regular star/explorer shape?

I played Carvin V220's for a while which had no bevel and didn't have a problem with my arm being comfortable but the bevel is very nice to have.

AltecGreen

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Another NGD for me and a non Ibanez this time around. Always wanted a Crying Star, a signature model from Syu from Japanese metal band Galneryus through ESP but only sold in Japan and usually around $4000 USD so imagine my shock when I saw on Reverb there was Crying Star Classic version through ESP sub brand Edwards used for a fraction of the price. Even made all in Japan like the original but the specs are closer to the ESP LTD models. Mahogany neck through, EMG '81-'85 set, coil tap, 24 jumbo frets and the odd choice of 1 volume yet 2 tone knobs plus look at the arm bevel. Enough to make Jeff Kiesel jealous! The headstock...looks kinda like an EVH Wolfgang. I would have preferred a reverse headstock but it's fine. My love and acquisition of 24 fret hardtails continues. I'm glad this came along cause I kept eyeing this Epiphone Legacy prototype that I go back to once a week to decide if it was worth buying.

View attachment 108067 View attachment 108068 View attachment 108069 View attachment 108070 View attachment 108071
Nice find.

The Edwards versions are all discontinued so they are getting harder to find. The used ones in Japan seem to sell out pretty fast. Syu has been using the Syunapper models more these days.