NGD - Sun Valley With Some Black Limba

Mattykoda

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Those look so awesome - I debate picking up the Ziricote ones often
One of the few production guitars with a wenge neck

I don't like the pickguard (any pickguard) or the Floyd v hardtail only options, but that 's a great looking guitar.
Wenge neck ftw
I was torn between this one and the ziricote. I may eventually pick that one up as well but would like to mess around with the sustainiac model more.
That's a really nicely figured body and I never knew the pickguards were brushed, that's a cool detail.
Neither did I. I thought it was a nice touch to a already great looking guitar.
Schecter are killing it lately, that looks much more expensive than it is. The neck seems really comfortable.

Happy NGD!
It is. I’m a big fan of their thin c profile and the wenge just adds a little extra to the overall feel.

secretpizza

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Just picked up one of these with the Ziricote top/Hipshot hardtail recently and they are absolutely killer. Pretty incredible deal for the money; I dropped the action a bit and it played perfect right out of the box. Highly recommended.

Mattykoda

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Just picked up one of these with the Ziricote top/Hipshot hardtail recently and they are absolutely killer. Pretty incredible deal for the money; I dropped the action a bit and it played perfect right out of the box. Highly recommended.
That’s pretty much how mine was. Changed the string gauge, dropped the action and made a minimal change in the trust rod. It’s great deal considering esp is charging $1,500-$2,000 for some Korean made guitars.

devastone

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I really like the limba ones, very tempting. I was about to get one of these but I picked up a prototype from DCGL with a swamp ash body, lacewood top, and baked maple neck, because, well, prototype, only one there is. That said, the The SVSS exotics are MIK but the quality is on par with MIJ IMHO, that gap seems to be continuing to close, the other SVSS models are MII, haven't tried one of those so I can't speak to their quality. I'm at work, I'll try to throw up some pics later.

Congrats on the NGD!

devastone

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
My post wasn't meant to steal any thunder from the OP NGD, just reinforcing how good these guitars are! The black limba/wenge combo looks awesome!

Oh yeah, instead of locking tuners, I just put the ball end of the string through the tuner on flyyded guitars, so quicker than using locking ones, looks cooler, and no poking your finger with those pesky unwound strings.

olejason

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I have the same guitar, it's killer. Setup out of the box was great for me too, I don't think I even touched the action. I think mine is around 9 pounds but it balances well.

Anyone know if the pickguard is the same size as a strat? I like the brushed look but I think an ebony guard would look sweet.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Jeez that's hot looking. Strangely I love the six string version of this guitar but hate the 7. HNGD!

BabUShka

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Wow, what a nice finish and details!

Im happy to see more en more Schecter material on this forums lately! They make fantastic guitars for a reasonable price. Ive scaled down from 3 to 1 Schecter . But the SUN Valley or Nick Johnston sig would be nice to have.

devastone

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I have the same guitar, it's killer. Setup out of the box was great for me too, I don't think I even touched the action. I think mine is around 9 pounds but it balances well.

Anyone know if the pickguard is the same size as a strat? I like the brushed look but I think an ebony guard would look sweet.

Since it is 24 fret and I think the body is a little smaller, I doubt it is the same size as a strat, would be nice though.

Jeez that's hot looking. Strangely I love the six string version of this guitar but hate the 7. HNGD!
Yeah, the HSS 7 and 6 are different guitars, I wish they would make a 7 version of the exotic!

Zado

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Great guitar, I'd love to see a V-1 model based in this. But we can't have things THAT nice.

How do you like the SunsetStrip pickup? I'm a fan of that bad boy

Mattykoda

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
My post wasn't meant to steal any thunder from the OP NGD, just reinforcing how good these guitars are! The black limba/wenge combo looks awesome!

Oh yeah, instead of locking tuners, I just put the ball end of the string through the tuner on flyyded guitars, so quicker than using locking ones, looks cooler, and no poking your finger with those pesky unwound strings.
No worries at all. It’s a nice looking guitar. I always love how Schecter does limited prototypes. There was a honey burst banshee Prototype a long time ago that I still am mad for not buying.

The tough thing is the two volume knob locations instead of 3 as well. I know warmoth can do that but I agree. A nice macassar ebony or even a wenge one would be pretty cool.
Great guitar, I'd love to see a V-1 model based in this. But we can't have things THAT nice.

How do you like the SunsetStrip pickup? I'm a fan of that bad boy
Oh it’s good. The more I’ve put it through the more I like. I’m shocked how much gain it can take and still have great clarity.

devastone

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
As far as pickups, I like the Sunset Strip a lot, it is clear, it is also a little on the bright side, of course the ash/maple combo on mine probably pushes the brightness thing some too. The Pasadena is great in the neck too. I also have a Solo-II Custom with a Pasadena neck and Pasadena Plus bridge, that seems to be closer to the 59/JB combo in a lot of guitars, but I think the PP may be a little clearer than a JB.