NGD Strandberg Boden OS6 Tremolo

Discussion in 'Standard Guitars' started by patdavidmusic, Apr 25, 2017.

1. patdavidmusic

patdavidmusic SS.org Regular

Hey all,

Extremely excited to finally have in my hands a strandberg boden os6 tremolo, I say finally because I have wanted one for years now and it does not disappoint.

Short Version:
    Stunning top, fit and finish is immaculate, excellent machining and overall quality control.

Tone wise acoustically, ridiculously clear and the intonation is the best I have played. Extremely easy to play and covers a large amount of tones with the five way switch and seymour duncan JB and Jazz.

Overall extremely happy with both the guitar and honestly blown away by the custom support (read below).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It all started roughly a year and a half ago, I was extremely interested in this model of guitar but wanted to wait and see if I could get to NAMM and see Ola in person, sadly with the passing of a family member I cancelled my american trip, I waited to see what was released at namm and decided to get an older model before they disappeared.

Throughout this 18 month time frame there were various emails better Ola and myself as well as the Australia distributor, both were extremely helpful, patient and just overall really helped make sure this was the right purchase for me. I've ordered a custom hand built guitar from my home town and Ola's customer service was better, hands down the nicest and most helpful service I have ever had.

The guitar itself plays like a dream, so easy to bend, the acoustic clarity is just ridiculous every note rings clear and defined. Plugged in the guitar is full and rich, it is versatile with 5 way blade. Also the electronics seem to be a much better quality than the ibanez, schecter and fenders i have owned over the years.

However, coming from a schecter km mark ii, I find myself missing some beef and power, I'm hoping that some new pickups will fix this.

Immaculate build quality and stunning top, I really lucked out here!

If you want to see a specific angle let me know, i'll have audio demo's in the coming weeks, I've got an unboxing on my youtube channel but didn't want to SPAM you all!

Overall, incredible happy :hbang:

lilstryer, blacai, Centrix and 10 others like this.
  2. Ludgate

Ludgate SS.org Regular

HNGD! Would love to try one some day.

3. marcwormjim

marcwormjim SS.org Regular

Jealous.

4. Lemons

Lemons SS.org Regular

Always love seeing another Strandberg show up in Aus :yesway:

5. prlgmnr

prlgmnr ...that kind of idea

Looks like you get good customer service if you DON'T follow Ola into a toilet, who could have known?

6. AkiraSpectrum

AkiraSpectrum SS.org Regular

7. patdavidmusic

patdavidmusic SS.org Regular

Thank mate! If you were in Melbourne I'd say come over and jam :hbang:

It's so good man, blown away by the quality!

I didn't even know that was an option :scratch:

Thanks dude!

8. manu80

manu80 Jackson for life !

Nice !
    Tried a boden at a friend, 7string .
    The neck looked so strange , i was like "wtf ? That shape is crazy" played on it and was sold after 1 minute. Feels really good, and logical !
    Got one after that, on a french site
    Iwas just surprised to see "korea" on it but after checking the brand history, it was ok
    Same as yours but purple. Sounds great even unplugged.
    Happy ngd !

9. Power2theMetal

Power2theMetal The deal was rigged

Happy new guitar day! I'm hoping one day I get to try a Boden, I was about to pull the trigger one day and the guy who was selling it had sold it like 5 hours prior to me messaging him. :/ These things happen! best of luck with this gorgeous guitar moving forward.

10. nienturi

nienturi SS.org Regular

Very elegant :)

11. GXPO

GXPO SS.org Regular

Awesome. HNGD dude!

The mixed reviews on the OS line are stopping me from being able to fully commit to one of them being my next purchase. Hopefully they start coming out as consistently good as this one soon and I can think about getting some money together..