NGD" Squier Paranormal Telecaster Seafoam Green

vertibration

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I used planet waves, my tech had to widen the holes. No big deal. After futzing around with the pickup using Helix, STL, and Neural, I miss the sound of a humbucker. So I will swap for a Dimarzio Hum in a P90 housing I think, or an EMG

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
So looks like we're just making this the Squier Baritone tele thread, putting a dual blade humbucker in the bridge and a pearloid pickguard on mine today, got it all ripped apart and thought I'd show the routes for anyone interested in these, my caliper battery just died so can't confirm but this kinda looks like a P90 route for the neck? Kinda stoked if that's true but still cool there's room for a full bucker probably. The bridge is routed for a single, bummer, but I was already pretty sure of that.

20221126_102925.jpg

I'll update once my package gets here in a little bit and I have everything installed.

EDIT: found a spare caliper, the route is ~89.5mm x ~43mm meaning yes, a P90 will fit! That's super, super, suuuuper cool.

Last edited:

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
Yoooo these "Fleor" brand Hot Rails absolutely SLAY! Reads 13.8k on my multimeter, so their advertised 13-14k is correct, and it turned my Baritele into an absolute firebreather. Highly recommend this pup at least. Freaking like 19 bucks? I got it free through some BS but definitely would have paid like 50-75 bucks for this pickup.

Attachments

• 20221126_213118.jpg
    20221126_213118.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 13

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
does it have a single coil sound? or more beef? maybe thats a silly question? I am not familiar with that pickup
Honestly just sounds like a regular humbucker to my ear, quite JBish, not as hot but getting there.

wheresthefbomb

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
So looks like we're just making this the Squier Baritone tele thread

partially my fault, I thought it was one of the other 5 threads about this same guitar from the last 6 weeks when I started posting pics, didn't mean to hijack @vertibration 's HNGD but here we are :lol:

What are you gonna put in that p90 route? will probably replace the stock ones on mine eventually, but they're good enough for now and I went to all the trouble of wax potting them so I'm gonna play the damn things.

I just ordered a(nother) clear pickguard which is supposed to fit the baritone cabronitas specifically, and decided on a gotoh bridge after much deliberation. I like hipshot but not having to drill new holes is extremely appealing and I've been 100% satisfied with Gotoh TOMs in the past. Plus it will be in keeping with the "vintage" vibe when I order the Gotoh vintage style tuners next payday.

I noticed the black switch I ordered is Epiphone branded, better than stock but feels like a toy when I switch, will probably order a trusty ol' switchcraft eventually and just take the black knob, ring, and washer from this one.

vertibration

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I ordered an EMG 81 P90 to replace the Kent Armstrong. I tried, I just cant vibe with P90's. Always loved and trust a good ol 81. Never failed me in the past.

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
partially my fault, I thought it was one of the other 5 threads about this same guitar from the last 6 weeks when I started posting pics, didn't mean to hijack @vertibration 's HNGD but here we are :lol:

What are you gonna put in that p90 route? will probably replace the stock ones on mine eventually, but they're good enough for now and I went to all the trouble of wax potting them so I'm gonna play the damn things.

I just ordered a(nother) clear pickguard which is supposed to fit the baritone cabronitas specifically, and decided on a gotoh bridge after much deliberation. I like hipshot but not having to drill new holes is extremely appealing and I've been 100% satisfied with Gotoh TOMs in the past. Plus it will be in keeping with the "vintage" vibe when I order the Gotoh vintage style tuners next payday.

I noticed the black switch I ordered is Epiphone branded, better than stock but feels like a toy when I switch, will probably order a trusty ol' switchcraft eventually and just take the black knob, ring, and washer from this one.
Glad you found one that will fit, still kinda confused on why they even moved the pup in the first place, alas, really stoked to see that fabric/clear idea. If mine wasn't sunburst, I would have tried something similar.

And yeah, probably gonna throw a P90 in the neck now, that is my favorite combination of pickups, Bridge humbucker/neck P90. And now that I know this cheap Amazon humbucker is good, I'll probably just try one of theirs, "Fleor" brand on Amazon.

Side note, anyone have any ideas or ways to transfer the route tracing to the back of my pickguard so I know the area to place the p90?

Last edited:

wheresthefbomb

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
anyone have any ideas or ways to transfer the route tracing to the back of my pickguard so I know the area to place the p90?

You could make a paper cutout of your pick guard, lay it on the body with screw holes lined up, and mark with a pencil or crease with your fingers the edge of the cavity.

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
You could make a paper cutout of your pick guard, lay it on the body with screw holes lined up, and mark with a pencil or crease with your fingers the edge of the cavity.
:agreed: great idea, saved me some headache.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
That white guard is killing me, it needs a black one to complete the look IMO.

vertibration

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
thought about that. Still thinking about a new pickguard. I dont like the cut. Too wonky at the bottom. I want a straight line slightly under the top of the pickup, then only a small curve rather than that big wonky curve. I may consider black, but in a pearloid black rather than matte black. Good suggestion