NGD: Solar A2.7 FR LN

Discussion in 'Sevenstring Guitars' started by HungryGuitarStudent, Nov 29, 2019.

1. Se7enHeaven

Se7enHeaven SS.org Regular

How are you finding the Floyd Rose? I had one on a Kiesel guitar and found myself constantly tuning (even after the strings were several months old). It may have been a different model of FR, not sure.

2. HungryGuitarStudent

HungryGuitarStudent SS.org Regular

Good question, I won’t hide that I had a negative a priori about it. For now, it is ok. By that I mean that it’s harder to tune than a fixed bridge but not that finicky. That being said, I haven’t abused it all that much.

@Walter W. @OliOliver : thank you guys ! I’ll try to do more vids of it once I get it back. The tone is a variation on the default Electric Sunrise preset from the NeuralDSP Plini.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2019
  3. bassisace

bassisace SS.org Regular

Congrats and nice playing!! How’s the neck thickness compared to a Jackson soloist?

HungryGuitarStudent likes this.
  4. Se7enHeaven

Se7enHeaven SS.org Regular

If his guitar is the same as mine (I suspect all the necks are the same), I would say it's a thick Wizard neck, if that makes sense. I have a Parker Dragonfly that has a very thin neck, whereas this is NOT like a Les Paul baseball bat neck. It's a soft C.

5. Joeliosis

Joeliosis SS.org Regular

I love my three Solars. After I get the V.16 im going to get the Lemon Neon. Love that paint job.

HungryGuitarStudent likes this.
  6. HungryGuitarStudent

HungryGuitarStudent SS.org Regular