NGD: Skervesen Swan 7

Discussion in 'Sevenstring Guitars' started by Marty666, Dec 24, 2019.

1. Marty666

Marty666 SS.org Regular

After 13 months to the day it's finally in my hands!

The build thread can be found here: https://www.sevenstring.org/threads/build-process-skervesen-swan-7.333372/

First impressions....
    - The case is so effing epic all guitars should come in dedicated flightcases. It just screams business.
    - Fit and finish are easily on par with my PRS Wood Library CU24. It's simply perfect. No gaps anywhere, no paint bleeds, no finish flaws, no sharp frets, anything. Very nice one piece swamp ash body as a surprise. And it arrived perfectly in tune!
    - It resonates unplugged, neck most noticeably. I was wondering if that would translate to the amp and it does, it's a LOUD axe.
    - I haven't played a 7 for 20 years after selling my Universe and was worried how it would be, especially since I grew away from Wizard-style skinny necks. And this feels fantastic. The asymmetrical neck, while very fast, fills my hand in a very comfortable manner. Slightly thicker on the high strings side, slightly thinner under the thumb. Love it. String spacing is wide enough to not get me into trouble playing 6-string material.
    - Ergonomics are awesome. It sits in my lap perfectly, no edges anywhere near your arms/hands. Haven't put a strap on it yet so standing up is unknown for now.
    - It sounds ENORMOUS. It sustains like my PRS, I had them put in a tungsten sustain block though. The bridge Nailbomb has just the right amount of grind and it doesn't choke my Diezel which doesn't particularly love extremely high output buckers. Cleans up nicely too. The neck Mule is clear but definitely a PAF, warm but not lacking treble. Split tones are very usable and I would recommend anyone Skervesen's world domination mod, it's a really interesting tool, especially for the €30 upcharge. Not exactly a piezo but it performs admirably.

The pictures are terrible, blame my phone camera haha, will try to take some real camera shots tomorrow.

DSC_0683_compress27.jpg DSC_0691_compress14.jpg DSC_0691_compress14.jpg DSC_0695_compress49.jpg DSC_0693_compress33.jpg DSC_0684_compress58.jpg DSC_0691_compress14.jpg DSC_0690_compress97.jpg DSC_0687_compress89.jpg DSC_0686_compress76.jpg

2. mlp187

mlp187 Burrito Master Contributor

Whoa!!! That is incredible!!! Congrats!!!

Marty666 likes this.
  3. JSanta

JSanta SS.org Regular

I've been looking forward to seeing how this would turn out! The inlay was executed wonderfully. I'm glad they were able to make your vision come to life, and that you have a guitar that is a great tribute to your father.

Marty666 likes this.
  4. Marty666

Marty666 SS.org Regular

Thanks, I'm soooo glad that the guys I picked to do it delivered so fantasticly. They did a great job with neurotic me rooting them on haha. Loved working with them and I'm already sketching out a HSS Swan 6.

5. shupe13

shupe13 SS.org Regular

Damn!

Marty666 likes this.
  6. IbanezDaemon

IbanezDaemon Raptus regaliter

Looks like a really great build. Love the finish. That headstock shape is savage! HNGD!

Marty666 likes this.
  7. Soya

Soya Poor person

Killer! My dream guitar. How does it feel in the classical position, if you've tried it?

Marty666 likes this.
  8. NoodleFace

NoodleFace Delicious Noodles

Not often I am speechless when seeing a guitar. Very nice

Marty666 likes this.
  9. Marty666

Marty666 SS.org Regular

I never play the classical position but I'll give it a try tomorrow!

10. Wolfhorsky

Wolfhorsky Regular idiot

Welcome to Skerv family!!! Mine came to me few weeks ago. I will post my NGD thread after few more weeks - after the initial admiration honeymoon period. HNGD

Marty666 likes this.
  11. Krzeszkiewicz

Krzeszkiewicz SS.org Regular

Congrats on a beautiful build.

Where did you have it shipped to? I'm asking because mine is now finished after 18 months and I'm curious about import duties to the USA. I have to pay the balance now and am wanting to plan for any unforeseen expenses.

I'll also post up my build process in short time.

Marty666 likes this.
  12. Marty666

Marty666 SS.org Regular

I'm in the Netherlands, so no import duty. If I'm not mistaken Skerv handles the import duty stuff themselfes (well, paid up front by you ;)) for the States/out of Europe, so no additional fees after you pay them. I could be tremendously wrong though, best to check with them of course. Pretty sure I read it somewhere, and I belief it was here on SS.org, worth a search.

13. Krzeszkiewicz

Krzeszkiewicz SS.org Regular

Thanks. I'll do some digging around for that info. It's my first guitar bought directly from Europe, rather than a USA distributor, so I'm in unfamiliar territory. Enjoy that Swan.

Marty666 likes this.
  14. nightlight

nightlight SS.org Regular

That is one of the sickest looking axes I've seen. The finish is excellent! And with a Floyd Rose too? You must be in heaven

Marty666 likes this.