NGD! Skervesen Raptor 6!

Discussion in 'Standard Guitars' started by Jake, Jan 31, 2020.

1. Jake

Jake GAS Master

Pics first :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So, I'm sure at least a couple of you have been following my build thread on this guy over in the luthiery subforum. If not I guess I'll start with the fact that this is the first guitar I've ever had built for me. I do have a CS Regius but I didn't order that guy. So this was a fun experience for me overall! Link to build if anyone is interested:

https://www.sevenstring.org/threads/skervesen-raptor-6-build-thread.336107/

Long story short: I've been on this forum long enough that I was once bit by horrible Blackmachine B6 GAS, it never went away. I was resigned to the fact that I would never be able to get a B6 so last May I said fuck it, I'll have Skervesen build me a better B6 :lol: so that's how this came to be.

Now obviously you've probably seen the last picture and you're like "but wait Jake, you idiot that's a B6 sitting next to your Raptor." And well, yes you're right because the unthinkable happened and I acquired one in the mean time while this was being built. So more to come on the ineviitable comparisons between the two that I will have to do. TL;DR on that topic- Both are great, but different in their own ways.

So anyways, ordered it in May, was quoted for delivery early 2020 and here we are! :D

Thoughts on the guitar first: The build quality is top tier, they got everything right that I asked for and it plays incredibly well. I got BKP Juggernauts in this thing and they're definitely one of my favorite pickups and I think they work really well. Quality is what you would expect with a build at the price point that these come in at: I would say on par with my Mayones, Blackmachine, EBMM Majesty and the many PRSi that I've had- just an overall well made guitar by a company that clearly knows what they're doing. This won't be my last Skervesen.

Working with Skervesen was also incredibly easy, they were accommodating and willing to work with me on making this a very straightforward metal machine. Obviously I didn't want a straight up B6 copy which is why I went with the ivoroid binding which I think turned out really well. The only thing I think I'd change next time is that I would get a push-pull on the volume knob but that was just an oversight on my part and I can easily handle that.

So TL;DR overall I'm super happy with this, the process of getting it (aside from customs holding it for almost 3 weeks) and I would definitely recommend looking at Skervesen if you're interested in a great superstrat!

Oh and specs at the end here!

Raptor 6
    Viper Headstock
    Maple/Wenge Neck
    Ebony Fretboard
    Swamp Ash Body- no top
    Offset Dots
    Schaller Hannes Bridge
    Single Volume- 3 way switch
    BKP Juggernauts

2. SpaceDock

SpaceDock Shred till your dead

Very nice!

3. Samark

Samark SS.org Regular

You've spec'd out a really nice guitar there mate. The binding is a classy addition

Enjoy!

4. AkiraSpectrum

AkiraSpectrum SS.org Regular

killer, congrats!!!

5. Wolfhorsky

Wolfhorsky Regular idiot

Nice reading and congrats, but pics don’t work for me :-( even with the reply trick..

Velokki likes this.
  6. NickBen

NickBen SS.org Regular

Same here - congrats on the new guitar - now I want to see it haha!

Velokki and Wolfhorsky like this.
  7. Velokki

Velokki GAS station

Don't see any pics either.

Probably the OP's Google bandwidth is exceeded. Google Photos is not meant for hosting for large audiences, they restrict visibility when enough different IP addresses have loaded the photos.

Wolfhorsky likes this.