NGD: Siggery Heresy 6 (Fakemachine vs Realmachine).

IbanezDaemon

Raptus regaliter
Reaction score
This guy as I'm sure you know was another one of these one man luthiers that took the money and ran....total scumbag! Only reason I'm posting this thread is because I saw a few guys asking about the quality of these on this site as well as a not too long ago thread about his guitars. I bought a Sabre as well a while back (another guy that ripped people off but didn't even do a NGD post on that). So my apologies in advance and I hope that at least a few of you get some decent info from this thread.

This is one of his Heresy 6 string models and yep, no prizes for guessing what this is ripping off. The one below has had a few upgrades, namely a Schaller Hannes bridge, the ASL Blackbird pickups (designed in collaboration with Doug Campbell) and Schaller locking tuners. These def give it more of that classic B6 look. I think he was using a lot of crappy bridges on his builds and his own pickups.

Hate to say it but this is a pretty damn good guitar. The upgrades have really improved this a lot I reckon. The Blackbird pickups are killer....amazing clarity even at uber high gain levels. Build quality is pretty good....there's a few not so clean routing issues and the unfinished neck is a little bit rough on the back but nothing that's gonna hamper your playing. A very comfortable guitar to play, neck profile is super like the B6...slim and shreddy and dare I say it this one is sounding a bit better than my B6 models...the Blackbirds in this one are def higher output and that's a win for me. That of course is down to the individual pups in the respective guitars.

You can always find these for sale easily enough. They are hit and miss I reckon with you more likely to get a dog of a thing rather than something that's gonna even come into the same ballpark as a BM. This one is a hit for sure and the only reason I jumped on it was it was a pretty good price with the upgraded hardware and pups. Pleasantly surprised but YMMV.

FAKEMACHINE:

P1010067 (2).JPG
P1010053 (2).JPG
P1010041 (2).JPG
P1010060 (2).JPG
P1010051 (2).JPG
P1010039 (2).JPG

REALMACHINE:
1bm1 (2).jpg
1bm2 (2).jpg

drb

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Damn, I think I watched this on Reverb for a while and was so tempted. Glad to know it's a good guitar, although I'm a little bit gutted I didn't decide to get it now!

IbanezDaemon

Raptus regaliter
Reaction score
Damn, I think I watched this on Reverb for a while and was so tempted. Glad to know it's a good guitar, although I'm a little bit gutted I didn't decide to get it now!
Thanks. Yeah same as that bud. Was watching it for a week or two then price dropped and thought 'what the hell', take a punt on it. There's one on FB marketplace, cheaper, but without the upgrades on this one. I'm very impressed with how this thing sounds. Actually thought the Blackbird pups were the best thing about the first B6 I bought, so much so that I have ordered them again for an upcoming build. £230 for the set....can't beat that.

drb

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Haha damn I'm even more full of regret now, I've never tried a Blackmachine or really any boutique guitar so it was really tempting being similarly specced to a B6. The thing about that which really was tempting for me was the Schaller Hannes bridge as the original Siggery bridges just look so grim and clunky.

aWoodenShip

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Dang that name takes me back. Not having kept up with black machine in a long time, does Feline guitars no longer build the barebones B6 models?

IbanezDaemon

Raptus regaliter
Reaction score
Haha damn I'm even more full of regret now, I've never tried a Blackmachine or really any boutique guitar so it was really tempting being similarly specced to a B6. The thing about that which really was tempting for me was the Schaller Hannes bridge as the original Siggery bridges just look so grim and clunky.
Agreed. I never touched one of these before along with the Mercer BM builds as the bridges looked like pieces of crap. I have the Hannes bridge on a few guitars....very good/comfy.

Reactions: drb

IbanezDaemon

Raptus regaliter
Reaction score
@aWoodenShip Recently discontinued I believe. Watch the prices go insane on them now. FYI I paid £1900 for the last B6 I bought. I'm pretty sure I read that they made ALL the B6 models...that was from the Feline owners own post. You get guys trying to selling them as early B6's which Doug made himself, usually the one's with the silver back plate. They are good guitars...very good actually BUT gimme an 80's/early 90's Ibanez RG770 over any B6.