NGD- Seafoam Twangfiddle of Doom

wheresthefbomb

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I almost never buy new but the price was right and it played so nicely in the shop. Pawned a few under-utilized items and took this home. I loved the sound immediately, such a brash and aggressive twang with tons of sustain and nice round low-end. Sounds incredible through my Lab Series L7, the sizzle of the SS amp breakup really puts some extra sauce on these pups. The action and intonation (especially on frets 1-3) are better than any production baritone I've played yet, and I've owned a good handful by now. The shop deserves at least some credit for the setup, but the guitar is really well made.

Takes fuzz really well for big slow riffing and nasty leads. Afterneath>RAT>Pharaoh is an incredible lead sound with these soapbars. The one weak point I would say is faster punk/sludge style riffing, it gets pretty muddy compared to the Avedissian Night prowler in my Epi LP.

The nut needs a little fine tuning, I will probably replace the pickups with noiseless SD P90s eventually (when I'm less broke), and the cavities need shielded, but all in all it's a really killer guitar and I love the sound and looks. Instant dark spooky spaghetti western vibes. Big Fucking Winner here, folks!

277959290_678284300054768_8077086029088590307_n.jpg

Eyelessfiend

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Congrats!! Looks killer. So awesome the shop set it up nicely. Mine wasnt set up very well but it didnt take long to set it up. Totally agree about the dark spooky western vibes. Still haven't decided what pickups I will put in it. Was also thinking SD's or maybe even EMGs but we'll see. Really fun guitar, Happy NGD!!

Tree

-________-
Reaction score
I’m not a baritone 6 player by any stretch, but that thing is cool on so many levels. I’d love to have one just to look at :lol:

Congrats!

TonyFlyingSquirrel

Cherokee Warrior
Reaction score
I see’s your Bari-Tele, and I raise you another!
Nice grab, would love one with P-90’s.

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
Sick man, really want one of these too. Keep putting it in the cart and never pulling the trigger.

wheresthefbomb

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I see’s your Bari-Tele, and I raise you another!
Nice grab, would love one with P-90’s.

That's a really cool project!! Love the personal touches.

I had one of the HSS blacktop bariteles when they were new, traded it and watched it triple in value over the next couple years. Been wanting a new one ever since and honestly this plays a lot better than the blacktop did.

thebeesknees22

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I almost never buy new but the price was right and it played so nicely in the shop. Pawned a few under-utilized items and took this home. I loved the sound immediately, such a brash and aggressive twang with tons of sustain and nice round low-end. Sounds incredible through my Lab Series L7, the sizzle of the SS amp breakup really puts some extra sauce on these pups. The action and intonation (especially on frets 1-3) are better than any production baritone I've played yet, and I've owned a good handful by now. The shop deserves at least some credit for the setup, but the guitar is really well made.

Takes fuzz really well for big slow riffing and nasty leads. Afterneath>RAT>Pharaoh is an incredible lead sound with these soapbars. The one weak point I would say is faster punk/sludge style riffing, it gets pretty muddy compared to the Avedissian Night prowler in my Epi LP.

The nut needs a little fine tuning, I will probably replace the pickups with noiseless SD P90s eventually (when I'm less broke), and the cavities need shielded, but all in all it's a really killer guitar and I love the sound and looks. Instant dark spooky spaghetti western vibes. Big Fucking Winner here, folks!

277959290_678284300054768_8077086029088590307_n.jpg
Hot damn! I love me some seafoam green. that looks great dude!

Latest posts