NGD! SCT-607B Inside HOTDAMN!

Discussion in 'Sevenstring Guitars' started by robotsatemygma, Apr 26, 2013.

1. robotsatemygma

robotsatemygma myspace.com/pygar1

I apologize for the lack of pic story, totally was too excited to document the Angels singing moment. :lol:

Sup guys! Long time no talk? I think the last time I was on, was last year around this time. So, it's been a while since I had a 7 string. I had sold my old LTD M-207 and some other stuff to fund a bass adventure, as I wasn't playing guitar in a band, nor was I really playing the 7.

Flash forward. Side project became band, new direction, experimented with a B standard tuned Les Paul, played shows, need 7 string or baritone. Flirted with options.

Option 1: Fender Bass VI
    Option 2: Fender Jaguar Baritone Custom
    Option 3: ESP LTD SC607

Never could find a Jaguar Baritone, I was about to buy a Fender Bass VI, then I saw this pop up

Behold:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    The binding is really puurrtyyy

I love Telecasters, I love the Deftones, and I compromised. HA! :lol:

She's a dream boat. This is the 5th or 6th LTD I've owned, and the 3rd LTD 7 string at that. What can I say, they know how to make them.

Synopsis: It's a very well made guitar (would you expect anything different?), it's more comfortable then any 7 String Thin U profile I've touched, and I had tried the newer 7 string models as well, the EC-407 and the MH-417(?). She has a surprisingly loud acoustic sound just from the little unplugged playing I've done. It is also heavy! Feels like I'm holding a effin Jazz bass!

Honeymoon Period?: Those EMG's have got to get the fuck out! I believe they're both the 81-7, but I am not too happy with them. The Bridge is the better of the two. It's articulate, hot, but thin. Not brittle, but not as beefy or punchy as the 707. Now the middle pup? That's the caveat of this guitar. It really doesn't bug my playing so far, but the tone? Ick. It's like a muddied up bridge. I use the different pickups, tone, and volume knob a lot with my playing, so I may swap them for the 707TWs (since I love single coils) or go passive and split coil with a 5 way selector rather them the 3 way with a push pull. The bridge works with my style, but I need to play around more with the middle.

General Consensus: It's a serious metal tank! But I really don't play metal much these days, most I do is riff ala Dillinger or Tony Danza just to warm up. It seems like it'll do what I need it to do, play clean baritone notes on top of normal guitar and allow for more experimentation, and less guitar swapping onstage hahaha :cool:

I've already dug out some of the jazz playing ala Charlie Hunter and Jimmy Foster I was learning.

I may try to snag some daylight pics and post them up.

2. UV7BK4LIFE

UV7BK4LIFE Schecter A7 addict

Wow, that's a very nice guitar, HNGD ! Thanks for the pic of that binding, it is indeed gorgeous!

3. Scruffy1012

Scruffy1012 BMOD

very nice dude! absolutely love the SCTs :D

4. Daf57

Daf57 5 7s in 4ths

Congrats! Looks great! Love that binding, too - very elegant in black w/pearly pickguard.

5. Wesbanez

Wesbanez SS.org Regular

Beautiful. Something very cool about hardcore Teles, enjoy the hell out of it!

6. Adeamus

Adeamus sucks.

Looks awesome. As another Minneapolis sevenstring member, whats your band? I'd love to see the guitar in action.

7. robotsatemygma

robotsatemygma myspace.com/pygar1

Thanks for the love guys! I just happened to have the majority of my rig at home this week and a 5 day weekend, so I've been enjoying it!

I used to play in Pygar but now my main band is Witness Protection. Think Team Sleep, Portishead, and new Glassjaw. Not so metal.

What's your band?

8. Dawn of the Shred

Dawn of the Shred Chugs. Pinch Harmonics. Pick Scrapes. Dive Bombs.

Congrats and hngd

9. no_dice

no_dice a very bad old bear

Happy NGD! :agreed:

I'm with you on that stupid middle pickup. I have an SC-607B, and I don't find much use for that pickup. I would buy one of these in a heartbeat if it had a neck pickup.

10. darren

darren Forum MVP

Hotness.

11. TonyGT

TonyGT Well-Known Member

HNGD!!, I almost went with this guitar I just can't stand that pick up placement and the emgs haha

12. AkiraSpectrum

AkiraSpectrum SS.org Regular

congrats!
    I wonder how an EMG 60-7 would sound in the bridge position?

13. Rtf417

Rtf417 SS.org Regular

I first was gonna purchase the LTD SCT model, but decided upon getting the ESP STEF T7-B. All I can say is this guitar is mean and rocks. Will eventually change the EMG's to Bare Knuckle's but not sure what set yet. The binding on the body, neck, and headstock on the T7-B is absolutely gorgeous. Here are some pics of the my ESP STEF T7-B with and without the pickguard. I personally like the look of both but will eventually get a custom pickguard made in Matte Black, which I think would look pretty bad-ass on this guitar.

14. MF_Kitten

MF_Kitten Set up us the bomb

Go 707 and 60.

15. antuni

antuni SS.org Regular

where can you buy a custom pickguard for the 607b?

16. Matt 7

Matt 7 SS.org Regular

Very Nice! Congrats.

17. a curry

a curry SS.org Regular

Wrong thread. Delete