NGD: Schecter PT Apocalypse (tele from hell)

Discussion in 'Standard Guitars' started by Guitarjon, Jun 10, 2020.

1. Guitarjon

Guitarjon SS.org Regular

Hey all,

I saw this Schecter PT Apocalypse listed on our local used instruments site and since I love Tele type guitars I just had to go for it and trade one of my guitars for it. The KM6 MKII had to go. That guy was very pleased with his new guitar and I'm also super happy with this PT Apocalypse.

He did make a custom wooden pick-guard for the guitar since the regular one does have a unique look. I prefer the look of this black one but maybe one day I'll try the original one because it does have an interesting vibe haha. Overall I'm super happy about this guitar. It sounds great, also acoustically as the body is very resonant. It plays super well with low action and the neck is just super comfortable overall. Thin but not too thin.

The pickups are also surprisingly nice. They shine with heavy music imho. The bridge pickup has a lot of power, growl and output and the neck pickup is very thick sounding. You can definitely also get great low gain tones out of this guitar. Overall a very versatile guitar with a great build quality.

I made a demo/review video with a couple different tones, styles. Clean, riffs, leads etc. I used Helix Native for all the tones. Hope you enjoy:

mikah912, fps, Shawn and 8 others like this.
  2. mlp187

mlp187 Burrito Master Contributor

Nice, congrats. Sometimes I regret not picking up the one my local GC had. Felt really good and sounded incredible.

Guitarjon likes this.
  3. sleewell

sleewell SS.org Regular

those look really cool. congrats!!!! HNGD!

Guitarjon likes this.
  4. AkiraSpectrum

AkiraSpectrum SS.org Regular

Looks really cool. Really dig the aesthetic.

Guitarjon likes this.
  5. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire Stage IV GAS

They're great guitars. I always pick up the one at my local guitar center and noodle on it every time I'm there.

Guitarjon likes this.
  6. Guitarjon

Guitarjon SS.org Regular

Cheers guys! It's really an exceptional guitar. The Schecter quality control isn't really consistent unfortunately but when you get a great one it can be really great!

7. Ericjutsu

Ericjutsu SS.org Regular

I own the C1 Apocalypse. It's a great guitar. It's very well made. I bought it at Guitar Center on clearance for 720USD. My one complaint is the neck is a bit too C shaped for my taste. Everything else is amazing on it.

8. AboutBlank

AboutBlank SS.org Regular

They must love you ;)

In general only love for Telecasters.