NGD!!! Schecter Loomis Fixed

Discussion in 'Sevenstring Guitars' started by Soilent_Goat, May 10, 2010.

1. Soilent_Goat

Soilent_Goat SS.org Regular

Got my Loomis in the mail Thursday after a 2 1/2 month wait and man was it ever worth it!

Hanging proudly:
    [​IMG]

Shipping coffin:
    [​IMG]

Body Close-up:
    [​IMG]

Short review:

Body/Construction: Ash body, maple set neck. String through body resonates forever, sounds great unplugged amazing how the body sings. The neck is a little beefy a complaint I had read many times but I love it. Feels great and easy to navigate. The color/stain on the body is great the grain is pretty pronounced, more so in person than in the photos, looks sick!! The Frets are huge, I have other guitars with jumbos but these seem bigger than those. i promptly installed strap locks (EB's) and I just love this guitar. It's the total package for me. 9.5

Electronics: EMG 707's, 1 Volume, 1 three way switch. Love the 707 in the neck may take some getting used to in the bridge. Both are insanely responsive Harmonics just scream and the bottom end is pretty chunky. 9

Playability/Feel:
    Great! Didn't take long to get used to the neck. The matte finish really makes the neck fast in my opinion, seems a lot less slide resistance compared to a gloss finish. The higher fret access is great they do a great job contouring the joint. The body has great balance and feel both sitting (classical and left leg cross) and standing. It's a little heavy but like I said well balanced and I prefer a heavier guitar anyhow. 10

Retailer: I know this isn't always a heading reviewed but I just had to give Beyond Eleven dot com props. They were great to deal with, very informative and responsive whenever I had a question via e-mail. I was originally going to get a Blackjack C-7 ATX but had heard that they were possibly doing a run of the Loomis in Fixed configuration. I contacted them inquiring, Blake looked into it and promptly got me on the wait list. This is the second guitar I've gotten from them and i can not say enough Price/Service everything was top notch. So I'd highly recommend the next time you are in the market to check them out, i know I'm happy I did. plus I feel better giving my money to an independent store rather than the big 2 (MF/GC). 10

S_G ::: :shred::scream::hbang:

Dusty201087, Harry, Prydogga and 14 others like this.
  2. Empryrean

Empryrean Plucks strings

happy ngd!

3. Kapee

Kapee ss.org Master

I tested one out @ local music store and i loved it. Neck felt so easy to play, frets didnt buzz at all, acoustic sound was amazing and it had an great sustain! I think im getting one too when i get some money for it! Gongrats for the guitar, have fun with it

4. sami

sami porkshop sammiches

You lucky mofo! If I had this guitar, I'd be set for life!

5. I_infect

I_infect SS.org Regular

I ordered from them before... wow 2 1/2 months?!? I have an ATX on order with them since April. Hoping it's not that long:ugh:

I grabbed a Dean RC7x from them that came in no time though, gotta love their prices too:yesway:

Awesome guitar man. Does it have grovers or locking tuners?

6. Soilent_Goat

No Schecter has their own tuners on a lot of this years models. this is one of them.

Yeah, their prices are retarded!! I've gotten 2 from them, working on offloading 1 or 2 of my guitars and I'll order another one from them. I'll never order anywhere else!

7. shadowlife

shadowlife Contributor

Congrats- that's a great looking axe. I'm not so sure about the shipping box though :ugh:
    Glad it made to you safe and sound...

8. Origin

Origin Rainbow In The Dark

Yeah the box is iffy haha, but fucking beautiful guitar...I wish I could test run one of these.

9. Apophis

Apophis Banned

Congrats !!!!

10. Fred the Shred

Fred the Shred Shrederick

Congrats, mate! Those are nice and solid guitars indeed. :)

11. Soilent_Goat

nah it shipped in a lot bigger outer box, that was just the Schecter guitar coffin on the inside.

12. Harry

Harry Doom man of Doom. Contributor

Looks sick, congrats!