NGD! Schecter C1 Apocalypse

Discussion in 'Standard Guitars' started by Ericjutsu, Oct 15, 2019.

1. Ericjutsu

Ericjutsu SS.org Regular

Will I impulsively bought this at Guitar Center last week. It was on clearance for 720USD which I thought was a good deal. I've been wanting a guitar with a swamp ash body and stainless steel frets. I A/B'd this guitar with a Schecter KM2 and liked this better. The neck and fretboard feel really nice. It feels like an expensive guitar. It's super solid feeling. It has a thinner neck and narrower fretboard than my PRS SE Mark Holcomb guitar. The pickups are cool, they sound kind of scooped and not so modern, which contrasts nicely with the alpha/omega pickups in the Mark Holcomb. I'm not sure what tuning I want to set this guitar. I already have a drop C guitar (Mark Holcomb), an 8 string (Ibanez Prestige RG852), and a standard tuned 6 string (Ibanez AT-P). I was thinking C standard/drop A#. How do you think a 25.5 inch scale length would do down to A#?
    https://imgur.com/a/yWK21h4
    [​IMG]

mlp187, The906 and AkiraSpectrum like this.
  2. AkiraSpectrum

AkiraSpectrum SS.org Regular

Congrats, nice guitar!

I have a 25.5" guitar in Drop A# and love it.
    Technically, I also use a PRS SE-7 (25") in Drop A, lol.

25.5" in Drop A# is more than fine, especially with appropriate string gauge--which of course is personal preference.

Ericjutsu likes this.
  3. Ericjutsu

Ericjutsu SS.org Regular

Thanks, I think I'm going to try that tuning. What 6 string do you have?

4. AkiraSpectrum

AkiraSpectrum SS.org Regular

Ibanez Prestige RGA121H CDO. I was running 13-59 (D'addario 7-string set without the 10) but I found the tension to be a little too much for me. I was debating between the D'addario 12-60 and Ernie Ball 12-56--ended up going with the EB 12-56 set and replace the 24p with a 20p--this set is on the light side, but I have a pretty light touch and use a light pick so it works out fine for me! Maybe in the future i'll try out the D'addario 12-60.

Ericjutsu likes this.