NGD: Schecter Banshee Mach 7 FRS Ember Burst

Discussion in 'Sevenstring Guitars' started by MrWulf, Sep 13, 2021.

1. MrWulf

MrWulf SS.org Regular

So i've been on the market for a Floyd 7 with all of my typical specs (26.5-inch scale length, SS frets etc) and i keep coming back to Schecter's offerings, like always. Despite not liking the Sustainiac too much, i decided to give it a go after what was a killer deal thru Guitar Center Used. They were selling this minty-looking Banshee Mach 7 FRS around 1.1k with case included in NJ apparently. I inquired for more pics, and there's not a single mark or bump or scratch. Before buying I thought of haggling it down to 1k but maybe it was destiny I rechecked the price and it went down to 999$. I gave it 3 seconds before typing down my CC details. The box is very well packed, the case was a Schecter case so it probably is the best case I've ever seen, and the guitar is absolutely pristine and killer for the price I got for it. Now, time to have this set up. For now, my GAS is satiated and my rack is full with the Banshee Mach's fellow family members haha.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 13, 2021
  2. CovertSovietBear

CovertSovietBear Lord Bagel Supreme

HNGD! Are you going to swap out the Sustaniac or how are you liking it?

3. sleewell

sleewell SS.org Regular

Congrats. I almost bought that. Was pissed when i went back and it was gone.

I love the sustainiac on my km7.

4. jahosy

jahosy SS.org Regular

Congrats! Bought one myself (fallout burst) and still getting use to the 26.5 scale and how to control the sustainiac. Other than that love the model! Surprisingly light for a 7 and the body contour / neck profiles are great. Excellent quality overall. Can't really go wrong, especially with the big discount you've got!

sleewell likes this.
  5. MrWulf

MrWulf SS.org Regular

Gonna have to play around with it a little bit. It is has a bit of a piercing high as far as neck pickup goes. But the sustain is obv unreal.

Haha im sorry lol. It was too good to pass up.

The body is actually thinner than all of my other Schecter. But it still have that resonance in the body from all the other Schecter that I know. Perhaps a bit less due to the Floyd Rose but still sounds very good.

6. Mathemagician

Mathemagician SS.org Regular

Awwww yisss. The title track to “Impulse purchases, and how I have more guitars than pairs of pants”.

:agreed:

7. MrWulf

MrWulf SS.org Regular

Haha, the moment it dropped to 999$ I know that I need to buy this lol

Have a bit of playing with this. Whoever played it let the strings rust a bit on the upper strings, and the setup at half a step down (Bb standard) is kinda subpar. The action is quite high for a guitar that is designed for shredding. Once this bad boy is set up it is going to be great.

8. Calibix

Calibix 16.666% more string

HNGD! Welcome to the club, I love my Banshee Mach-7.

MrWulf likes this.