100_2491.jpg

100_2496.jpg

100_2501.jpg

100_2497.jpg

100_2500.jpg

100_2503.jpg

100_2491.jpg

100_2492.jpg

The craftsmanship is excellent; it plays great and sounds great. It's on par with the other high end guitars I own/have owned. I am sold on customs, it was an all-around great experience.

op1e

Spirit Taker
Reaction score
Congrat's, Jim's a great dude. Back when I was talking to him he said the old style headstock in a reverse was an option, I think. Wonder why no one ever goes with that? Love his guitars, hate the headstocks, lol.

mhickman2

The Abiding Dude
Reaction score
Not a fan of those headstocks, but I love the woods he uses. Congrats on a fantastic guitar.

projectjetfire

Guitar Addict
Reaction score
The front of it is very nice but I do agree the headstock isnt my thing. Also, how is that neck joint because thats a pretty wild set up on there!

simulclass83

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I am putting an order for one of these soon. I used to also hate that headstock but it grew on me and now I'm gonna use it for my own.

dsquared

Reaction score
Ha ha, the headstock does seem to pretty polarizing. What can I say, I like it.

The neck joint isn't uncomfortable for me. I have larger than average hands, maybe that's part of it. I have a JEM with a similar neck joint and another Ibanez with an AANJ - they all play the same for me.

anne

No privacy hedge.
Reaction score
What exactly is it that people hate so hard about the headstock? I totally don't get it.

kmanick

Contributor
Reaction score
looks great!
I like that HS better as a 3/4 but it wouldn't be a deal breaker for me.
I wish I had some cash to burn, i'd love to give one of these a try.

unclejemima218

190 Proof
Reaction score
I think the headstock is awesome, but if it were me, I would've moved the tuning pegs down a bit. but hell who cares that thing is gorgeous!

OrsusMetal

In brightest day...
Reaction score
I was going to get the reverse inline 7 on mine, but the more I stared at all the S7s and 8s he had put out, the 4x3 headstock grew on my and I started not liking the inline as much. That is when I changed mine.

Looks great dude! Congratulations!

simulclass83

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I was going to get the reverse inline 7 on mine, but the more I stared at all the S7s and 8s he had put out, the 4x3 headstock grew on my and I started not liking the inline as much. That is when I changed mine.

Looks great dude! Congratulations!

That's exactly what happened with me. They just grow on you.

Jim also does 3 over 4 headstocks.

SirMyghin

The Dirt Guy
Contributor
Reaction score
That's exactly what happened with me. They just grow on you.

Jim also does 3 over 4 headstocks.

I am such a rebel, I went 3 over 4 :lol: Everytime some company makes a different headstock there is an initial aversion to it, then you realize who the hell cares, every brand has their own for identity sake (except black machine, whose identity has been repeatedly stole by fanboys :lol:). Then after playing one you forget/get used to it, and then like every other guitar, it is just there. Dean V shaped headstocks, and any splitting headstock like that is an exception to all rules though. G&Ls are a fine example too, fender lovers tend to hate the 'tit', it looks great though.

Latest posts