NGD Reverend Airwave

Discussion in 'Standard Guitars' started by High Plains Drifter, Apr 24, 2017.

1. High Plains Drifter

High Plains Drifter SS.org Regular

Not a 6-string but this still seemed like the most appropriate section. Apologies to mods if incorrect section.

Guitar arrived last week but I wanted to get in some play-time before posting. Ordered from Wildwood Guitars out of Colorado. Buying experience was very nice... felt as if they appreciated my business. I've never owner or even played a Reverend guitar but I wouldn't hesitate to buy another. I've really scrutinized this thing from one end to the other and I can't find any flaws.

Pickups: P90 neck/ bridge. What a fantastic sounding pickup in this particular guitar... very well balanced and clear. Seems to compliment the body/ tops woods perfectly... great resonance.

Bridge: Fully intonateable for all 12 strings. Had to make some slight tuning adjustments when it arrived but intonation is spot on. One thing to note: It's a bit weird that the saddles are "staggered". Every other string sits just a hair lower than the string next to it. This isn't necessarily noticeable when strumming but I can feel it ever so slightly when picking... especially if my right hand is close to the bridge. Nothing really negative about that but felt it was worth pointing out.

Nut: 1 3/4" Boneite/ synthetic. Seems comparable to graphite nuts. Obvious quality over plastic. Tuning thus far seems stable and slots feel correct in regards to action/ radius.

Controls: Vol/ tone/ bass contour. Smoothly functioning/ soft roll-off. No harshness when dialing in vol/ tone. Bass contour knob is great for re-voicing and tightening the low end. The 3 controls seem to compliment one another quite well. I especially like vol and tone down a bit while turning up the contour knob a bit... very nice sound.

Body/ top: Semi hollow-body Korina with solid spruce top. Resonates beautifully. Seems that the woods match the P90s very well.

Neck: 5-piece korina/ walnut. Shape ( compared to my other guitars) is probably most similar to my Schecter Hellraiser and PRS S2 ( pattern regular profile). Feels extremely solid and substantial. Extremely comfortable for me as I'm moving away from "Wizard-ish" profiles.

Tuners: Locking! Wow! I can't speak of the quality but again... tuning is stable so I'm very happy that Reverend put these on this guitar. Still not looking forward to complete string-change but this will make things much less frustrating when doing so.

Additional specs:

Made in: S. Korea/ set-up/ inspected/ tested in US
    Hand initialed serial #
    24.75" scale
    Set-neck
    12" radius
    22 med/ jumbo frets
    Dual-action truss-rod

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. dr_game0ver

dr_game0ver SS.org Regular

NO STAIRWAY!!

3. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire Chronic GAS

Congrats. Reverend makes nice stuff. I really liked the Billy Corgan sig I tried at GC a while ago, gave me serious GAS for their baritones.

4. cwhitey2

cwhitey2 BlackendCrust Metal™

I'm not into 12 strings, but that thing is nice!

I have been wanting to get my hands on a Reverend guitar, but there are not any near me :( A buddy has a couple but doesn't live close enough.

HNGD

5. endmysuffering

endmysuffering I'm serious

Try detuning each sympathetic string by 20 cents.

6. M3CHK1LLA

M3CHK1LLA angel sword guardian

nice...congrats!

sound clips asap, but as mentioned, no stairway! :lol:

7. wakjob

wakjob SS.org Regular

That's GREAT!

Reverend makes some really interesting & different guitars.
    Never heard of bad materials or build quality from them either.

8. Grand Moff Tim

Grand Moff Tim Some call me... Tim

Nice, two things we don't see a lot of around here: Reverends and twelve strings.

I love it when we get atypical NGDs like this. HNGD, broseph.

9. Dantas

Dantas SS.org Regular

DENIED!

Anyway, happy NGD! Very neat for a 12 string have locking tuners...it will make string changes faster, especially if you change them all at the same time.

10. AdenM

AdenM Illuminaughty

Looks like it rips