NGD: Parker Fly Mojo 'Olive Burl' Special Edition

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I recently got this super rare (1/25) Parker USA Fly Mojo 'Olive Burl' in my store. As soon as I opened the case I knew there was no way I was going to put it up for sale. It has now become my main 'B tuning' guitar. I love this thing to death! The neck is so thin and comfortable, its light and perfectly balanced, and best of all it sounds fucking incredible. Huge tone and epic sustain. I'm going to be putting a Sustainiac in it soon anyways though! These things are pretty much perfect guitars to me :metal:

Specs

• Mahogany body
  • Olive Burl burst top
  • Mahogany neck
  • Carbon Fiber fingerboard/neck enforcement
  • Stainless steel frets
  • 25.5 scale
  • Compound radius (pretty flat)
  • Sperzel Locking Tuners
  • Fishman Acoustic Piezo System
  • Seymour Duncan pickups directly mounted onto the body
  • Parker bridge (stainless steel, hardtail mode/down only/fixed with the flick of a switch)
  • GraphTech Nut
  • 3-way toggle with push pull coil splits
  • 3-way mag/both/piezo toggle
  • Weight: 5 pounds

I'm planning on getting another one soon as well, for our other primary tuning. Probably either an Artist or Classic. I still love my Ricos but these are much more comfortable to play live than the Vixens, or anything for that matter. I love the Vixens as recording guitars however, but I'm tired of playing flying Vs live all the time.

And now on to the pics...

01.jpg

03.jpg

16.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

14.jpg

17.jpg

19.jpg

Andromalia

Pardon my french
Reaction score
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
I...I....I....can't afford this at the moment even if you were selling it. :wallbash:
Possibly the most beautiful fly I've ever seen.

AcousticMinja

String Theorist
Contributor
Reaction score
"Wow" is the only word I can come up with at the moment. That is an absolutely amazing looking guitar.
congrats you lucky, lucky person!

E Lucevan Le Stelle

in love with Judas
Reaction score
Wow, that looks great :yesway: I personally don't like the recent Parkers that much, even the Mojos feel a bit clunky compared to the early mahogany Classic that I have. I can't deny that looks beautiful though...

mikernaut

pixel pusher
Reaction score
Nice addition to the collection Nick. Those are some pretty sharp Parker's!. How are you liking the Duncans with the mahogany? I found when I had the Silverburst Mojo (which had the same elements) I really prefered the sounds I was getting out of my regular Fly Deluxe and the Dimarzio's much more. I'd be tempted to throw in some BKP's to try in that.

Sadly I am Parkerless currently, but I'd love to get another in the future when my situation improves.

drgordonfreeman

On vacation
Reaction score
I recently got this super rare (1/25) Parker USA Fly Mojo 'Olive Burl' in my store. As soon as I opened the case I knew there was no way I was going to put it up for sale.

Thank you, Zimbloth, for I have now seen my true calling in life. I have now decided I shall open a music store, so that one day, I too can receive amazing guitars to sell, only to say, "No, baby... you're staying with me." If only finding the right woman was as easy.... sigh.

Congratulations on an amazing guitar!!!

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Thanks guys! I'll be playing this guy tonight at our show, should be fun! Sounds godly through my ENGL.

so these are ok with B tuning, ie 7 string tuning...what gauge do you run on then?

Oh yeah of course they're okay with B tuning dude. Hell, back in the day when I used to play these I had one tuned to A. I use Elixir NanoWebs 12s with this guitar. I tune it BEADF#B.

Wow, that looks great :yesway: I personally don't like the recent Parkers that much, even the Mojos feel a bit clunky compared to the early mahogany Classic that I have. I can't deny that looks beautiful though...

The newer ones sound better though IMO, and are still supremely light weight and have a thin neck. Every Parker I've got in the store has sounded a lot better than the old ones I used to own. I love the control layout, knobs, and other improvements found on the refined Flys as well.

It's true the pre-Washburns were slightly thinner but there were a lot of issues at the old factory that USM had no choice but to rectify. They've got a whole wall of faulty pre-USM Parkers hanging up at their Chicago offices as decoration. Also, while the Mojo has some weight to it, the refined Deluxe, Artist, and Classics are still light as a feather. Definitely not clunky at all IMO :)

Nice addition to the collection Nick. Those are some pretty sharp Parker's!. How are you liking the Duncans with the mahogany? I found when I had the Silverburst Mojo (which had the same elements) I really prefered the sounds I was getting out of my regular Fly Deluxe and the Dimarzio's much more. I'd be tempted to throw in some BKP's to try in that.

Sadly I am Parkerless currently, but I'd love to get another in the future when my situation improves.

The Duncans sound terrific in this guitar. I've been going back and forth between an ENGL Invader 100 and Fireball 100 lately. It sounds incredible through both amps. I still wish I could install BKPs in these as they're defintely better, but I'm not sweating it. Sounds awesome as is. The JB tight thanks to the ENGL/Fryette cab I've got going. That said, the pickups both Seymour Duncan and DiMarzio make for Parkers are tuned differently to fit Parkers, so it's not really fair to compare the JB in this guitar to a JB in another guitar.

Nothing plays like a Parker.

:agreed:

Thank you, Zimbloth, for I have now seen my true calling in life. I have now decided I shall open a music store, so that one day, I too can receive amazing guitars to sell, only to say, "No, baby... you're staying with me." If only finding the right woman was as easy.... sigh.

Congratulations on an amazing guitar!!!

Haha yeah, its a curse sometimes too though because I spend too much of my money on my own stock hah :)