NGD: My new acoustic all the way from Ireland!

Discussion in 'Jazz, Acoustic, Classical & Fingerstyle' started by DC23, Feb 13, 2013.

1. DC23

DC23 SS.org Regular

This came in the mail to me. Thought I would share it with you guys!!

I decided to go this route as I just moved recently to southern Alberta and it is super dry and the humidity variations are crazy. I wanted something relatively hassle free and have never actually bought an acoustic before!

May I present, my Emerald X20os carbon fibre acoustic guitar!! :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. AugmentedFourth

AugmentedFourth X:1 K:C [c^f]|

Freaky lookin', but I like it.

Curious as to how it sounds.

3. DC23

DC23 SS.org Regular

I would say its not as warm sounding as a wood guitar, but is surprisingly warm. The notes are very well balanced, almost a muted tone to them, not harsh.

4. StevenC

StevenC SS.org Regular

Congratulations on an awesome guitar. An Emerald is very high on my GAS list. They are actually very close to where I live, but I haven't gotten around to taking a tour yet.

A 7 string, possibly fanned X10 is in my future.

5. Suho

Suho Guitar Guardian Contributor

Wow, and those are way more affordable than I would have thought. They make seven string guitars, too! :)

6. DC23

DC23 SS.org Regular

It is a great guitar. I am digging it more and more each time I pick it up! I would have loved a seven string fanned fret but I figured I would just dip my toe in the water right now and see how I like it in general!

They are very affordable! The price on the website even includes international shipping! It was very fast, took about 9 days total for it to get from Ireland to my door in southern Alberta!

I actually had never even played one before (or seen one in person!) but I had my dad check one out at a Dublin Guitar shoppe so I only had basic secondhand accounts! If you ever see one, don't discount them. Although the shape may be a little unconventional, it is super comfortable and sound projection is great!

7. SnowfaLL

SnowfaLL SS.org Regular

Nice man, I have a X7-OS and while its awesome, I can't wait to upgrade to the X20-OS.. Im actually looking to sell it if any canadians are interested, PM me. About $700 is what im after.

Amazing acoustics though, and what Alistar can do for you is amazing. Currently deciding if I should go 6 string or 7 string with my X20-OS.. but I think keeping it 6 string is smarter kinda, who knows..

How much did you pay for customs fees?? I didnt know that price on the site included shipping, you mean the $1499 or so??