[NGD] My 1st 7 string and 1st trem and 1st quality guitar!

Discussion in 'Sevenstring Guitars' started by oriphinz, Jan 16, 2013.

1. oriphinz

oriphinz SS.org Regular

Hi guys

I have been cruising these forums for a few months after sparking my interest in 7 strings :) after contemplating a skervesen custom i managed to talk myself out of spending $3000 aud on my 1st 7 string and 2nd guitar and into a Ibanez RG1527z!!

After a bit of looking (and missing out on quite a nice one with cl/lf combo) i came across the beauty!
    [​IMG]

It is made in a made in Japan 7 string with a bolt on 5 piece maple and wenge neck
    [​IMG]
    Gotah tunners
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Edge Zero Tremelo
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Basswood Body
    [​IMG]
    Mother of pearl inlay for the logo and fret markers [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    silky smooth frets
    [​IMG]
    A fancy lead plug that really locks on
    [​IMG]

The previous owner now (and has been for awhile) makes his own guitars and has set this up really nicely! The action is nice and low with very little fret buzz (none unless played hard) and aftermarket pickps which sound great! (a SH-2 and a SH-10 in the bridge) The wiring job looks very tidy.
    [​IMG]
    It also look like aftermarket strap buttons? but could just be that they are alot bigger than my other ibby
    [​IMG]

Also comes with a quirky Japanese manual :)
    [​IMG]
    A amazing fitted case
    [​IMG]
    With a ibanez multi tools, not sure if you can buy these serperatly but if you can every guitar owner should have one! Even has a ruler in it to measure fret height! He also included 2 sets of Ernie Ball strings to keep me going!
    [​IMG]

All and all couldn't be happier! It is a amazing guitar and blows my poor 6 string out of the water in every aspect! (Ibanez RG321EX) the tone improvement from the after market pickups is great!

Also just for completeness the rest of my setup
    [​IMG]

TLDR; (Just take me to the pics!)

2. UV7BK4LIFE

UV7BK4LIFE Schecter A7 addict

:scream: Awesome score! Congrats!

Those strings, .009 - .052 strings on a 25.5" scale 7? That's downright flimsy, even for standard tuning.

3. vstealth

vstealth SS.org Regular

That was a much better choice then going the custom route, cant go wrong with a prestige ibanez or black for that matter either.

^Also, 9s on guitars with trems are a pretty common gauge if its tuned to standard.

4. Kreml

Kreml Well-Known Member

HNGD! RG1527` are great :) btw those strapbuttons are stock, i have the exact same ones on my RG2550E and RG1527, they make strap locks unnecessary

5. oriphinz

oriphinz SS.org Regular

Thanks guys!

Yeh the .009-052s do feel a bit loosey goosey especially after playing my 6 with the EB heavy bottom set lol. Ill switch to something heavier after i work through the packs he gave me :) And probably a drop tunning because i miss my 1 finger power chords lol

Thanks for the heads up on the buttons, i dont think ill be able to get my strap over em :lol: luckly i usually play sitting :)

Any tips on some practise when starting with a 7? so far been mucking round with some tabs and the "[Lesson] An Introduction to Seven String Scales" thread :shred:

6. leechmasterargentina

leechmasterargentina SS.org Regular

Congratulations! Of course I'm feeling a great deal of envy for you heh. Not that my 2 month old Ibanez RG827QMZ Premium compares to this, but in some ways it does. That pearl inlay looks quite alike. I felt the same as you when I bought this first seven I mentioned, compared to my humble RG470BK from the 90's. But both are great axes, and I even took my sixer for some new guitar sessions so she doesn't feel jealous. I love 'em both :)

7. Tranquilliser

Tranquilliser SS.org Regular

That is in bloody pristine condition. Well done, HNGD.

8. RuffeDK

RuffeDK SS.org Regular

Congtrats! One hell of a beauty.

9. LolloBlaskhyrt

LolloBlaskhyrt HD Pro abuser

Awesome guitar!! HNGD!!

10. sear

sear SS.org Regular

I am not the kind of person who goes crazy for yet another black Ibanez, but I've gotta say, it looks pretty sweet sitting in that case there. It's about as close to new as it could possibly be and still be called "used" too.

11. oriphinz

oriphinz SS.org Regular

Thanks! The Ibanez RG827QMZ is a awesome guitar! Alot of the same features and the quilted maple top looks awesome! Great feeling hey, played from when i got home till when i went to bed and im now sitting at work (just started) and already watching the clock!! Ill still be playing my 6 as well but now looking to get some new pickups into her :)

Thanks! :)

Haha yeh fair call about the black ibby thing lol, the condition its is in is great! could alllmost be passed off as new just some minor wear on one of the strap button and a hairline scrach that you can only see if you stick your eyeball to the body :yesway:

12. Detested

Detested SS.org Regular

Gorgeous man,just gorgeous.thank you!

13. GatherTheArsenal

GatherTheArsenal SF2 > Everything

That's a wicked guitar dude HNGD :yesway:

I have the same set of strings on my guitar tuned to standard D with a low A on the extra string, if you like to bend the shit out of your strings like I do you'll probably like em.

14. Leuchty

Leuchty Previously CYBERSYN

Oh yes! :drool:

I have a 1527z with BKP Miracle Mans. Love it to death.

Congrats mate! Also, the strap buttons are original. I have the same ones, they are large and flat.

15. oriphinz

oriphinz SS.org Regular

Ah nice! you dont find them to be a bit to loose? I can imagine that is awesome for massive bends though :)

16. GatherTheArsenal

GatherTheArsenal SF2 > Everything

How loose or tight strings feel is entirely subjective to playing style, they don't necessarily feel "loose" to me.

It's not so much big bends that i'm after, more so that i like throwing lots of expressive bends in fast riffing, so I like this set for the sake of being able to play tighter while recording. Essentially, keeping my job easier :lol:

17. Slunk Dragon

Slunk Dragon Gear Nerder

I'm not a fan of very many black guitars, but DAYUM, that looks freaking sweet!

18. oriphinz

oriphinz SS.org Regular

Makes sense :) I find that with the strings as they are right now they are fine as long as im careful with my picking angle and strength but for finger picking they are great!

Haha yeh she is a beauty :):bowdown:

19. fr4nci2c0

fr4nci2c0 SS.org Regular

sweet hot mama. Very slick my friend take care of that bad boy