NGD: Misha Sig Gloss Black (Pro)

Discussion in 'Sevenstring Guitars' started by MattThePenguin, May 4, 2019.

1. MattThePenguin

MattThePenguin SS.org Regular

Gonna keep this short and sweet. Honestly, it's more inspiring to play than I expected. Guitar is very resonant and I'm pleased with the quality of the pickups and the playability. It's not as nice as my Ibby but we're talking a price gap of over $1,000. I wanted something that wasn't as eye catching and had more of a classic stealth look, so this was perfect.

My only grip is the bridge is.. distracting. Saddle edges are just super uncomfortable, was wondering what some good replacement ones would be. I wish I could put the Ibanez hipshot on everything I'll ever own but oh well, really don't want to spend that kind of money haha 2019guitarfam.jpg

2. MaxAidingAres

MaxAidingAres SS.org Regular

You can file the edges but that would expose the metal under the black playing, you could get graphtech string saver saddles? Idk if they’re more comfortable. A real hipshot would be a direct replacement and has a bevel in the design rather than a straight cut

3. Mattykoda

Mattykoda SS.org Regular

Be careful with hipshot I have a pro ht6 and the string holes didn’t line up on the baseplate. The saddles do work just fine however and would be under $40 if you went that route. As @MaxAidingAres said the graptech string savers should work just fine as well though. Hopefully you got this at the blowout prices right now. HNGD!

TheWarAgainstTime likes this.
  4. Dawn of the Shred

Dawn of the Shred Scoop the Mids and Chug

Congrats and HNGD

5. MattThePenguin

Thanks guys, I'll look into it! And yeah I got a good price on this one, pretty happy. Never knew that they made them in all black so I was super happy about it. @Mattykoda your matte white one looks soooooo nice. Hipshot hardware is so tasteful

6. Mattykoda

Mattykoda SS.org Regular

Thanks man! It needed some work that's for sure but I expected it at the price. The hipshot UMP mounting plates didn't work because of the angle of the tuners so I had to drill each one and mount them with the screw. Not a bad thing and I don't know if there is a UMP plate for 7 strings but something worth mentioning. I really wish they did some matte colors in the 7 string version and I've debated picking up the all black 7 to try out as well. I've yet to hold one and have been really curious if I'll love the neck as much as I do the 6.

Oh I should also mention I swapped the saddles on my old AW-7 for string savers and they are solid. You'd be fine with either and as your not happy with the stock ones it will be well worth the investment.

7. M3CHK1LLA

M3CHK1LLA angel sword guardian

very nice...congrats

8. yellowv

yellowv Turd Ferguson Contributor

I got one of these a week or so ago. It went right back. It was a hot mess of QC issues. I do have the HT6 that is pretty awesome. I got all Hipshot hardware for it, but now the guy above says the bridge won’t work. Guess I’ll find out.

9. davidian6811

davidian6811 SS.org Regular

I just got mine about a few weeks back at a blowout. Several issues i have come across

1. Fret uneven - particularly only at the 21st fret, luckily it was the only one off and a bit of filing down it back to playable in that area
    2. Pickups aren't aligned to the strings, after checking i think the neck pocket was a little off in precision as there is a bottom gap. this didn't bother me but close visual inspection will really look at it as off. Doesn't affect the sound at all
    3. Nut isn't enlarged properly on the D string, keeps catching when tuning, so enlargement and nut lube and its working again
    4. Jack was loose after a few use, i replaced it with a PureTone and tightened it correctly. working as it should

The stock pickups were a bit muddy with my rig, so i have changed them to Dimarzio Titans, much more clearer and precise. I also changed out the tuners to hipshot ones (although the stock ones were pretty awesome already). Knobs to hipshot as well.

Overall it's sorta my all around beater 7 string which is a looker. Can't complain much at the price i got it for. Pics attached

Attached Files:

10. MattThePenguin

That top is actually nuts!

Yeah I saw some horror stories and went ahead and just played it on and off like 18 hours the first day I got it. Only thing that bugs me is the saddles, everything else is fine. It's unfortunate that sometimes buying an instrument is a gamble, which is why I took so long to take the plunge on another one.

I don't mind the pickups but I'm limited to VSTs. When I finally get my kemper I miiiiiight swap the bridge out but I want to put as little money as possible into this guitar.

11. Selkoid

Selkoid SS.org Regular

Can we talk about that ibanez though :yum:... what model is that?

12. Xaios

Xaios Foolish Mortal Contributor

Probably one of the Axe Palace limited runs of RG752.

13. Randy

Randy Sous Chef Super Moderator

No handle, no lionclaw, no blazes, no care

Imalwayscold likes this.
  14. shupe13

shupe13 SS.org Regular

Congrats!