NGD - LTD M-7HT

Discussion in 'Sevenstring Guitars' started by JD27, Mar 11, 2020.

1. JD27

JD27 ESP Cult Member

Yeah, lot of brands are moving there as Korea has become a more expensive option to produce guitars. I’ve only personally played a handful of Indonesian made guitars. This one is on par with the tons of WMI made guitars I’ve owned. Definitely better fit and finish than the LTD XJ-6 I had years ago.

2. feraledge

feraledge Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?

Congrats!! I got the M 6er. It’s a killer guitar. The blackened winter is a bit too bright for me but got a full shred to stick in. Eager to do that.

JD27 and AkiraSpectrum like this.
  3. JD27

JD27 ESP Cult Member

Was kind of curious if there is a difference with the Blackened Winters. It's been so long since I had the Black Winter in a 7 I can't recall how close this one is. The brightness seems to work well for B, Drop A, or A# tuning, though overall I'm having the same issues I have with the regular Black Winter 7 in real low tunings. The EQ just does not seem suited well when I tune to F# or G. Haven't decided whether I will swap it for something else as I kind of wanted this to be for lower tunings since it's 27" and I already have a 25.5".

I have a strange desire to own another FR, having a hard time deciding between the Black Metal M or the Eclipse Custom 87 FR. It's a tough call, I know I'm going to enjoy the satin finish on the Black Metal M neck more than the gloss neck on the Eclipse 87, but damn I love tele bodies so much. I've been enjoying the DiMarzio Imperium as an alternative to the Black Winter, it's shares some of the same qualities, just not so hot.