NGD: LTD M-17 (yeah, I know big deal...)

Discussion in 'Sevenstring Guitars' started by ilyti, Jul 25, 2015.

1. ilyti

ilyti Lazy Ryebread Viking

Nothin' to see here, just another cheap black guitar. But I will go on to explain why I like it! First pics.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So I left my igloo and went down south for a few days in June. Stopped by a secondhand-guitar store, tried all the 7s (all three of them) they had and ended up buying this unassuming "used but as new" shiny black thing. I chose it over a Schecter they had at the same price because I didn't like how stiff the strings felt on the Schecter. I have often had that problem with that brand. But I digress.

Also, the fretwork is remarkably good. That was the first thing I noticed. Frets are huge, shiny and have no sharp ends or dead or overly buzzy spots. There's only 22 frets and but hey, that's one more than my strat. Can't comment on the pickups because I only played them for 10 minutes at the store, thought "cool", then took at home and popped some BKP Mules in it I had lying around. Quite pleased with the sound. It has a lot more snap than the Ibanez ZAT3007 I recorded my first album with. Probably down to the 25.5 scale and maple neck. Worth the 200 bucks if you're looking for a back-up, or in my case an in-between (ahem...). Haven't seen much love for this model around, so I thought I'd spread some.

Here's a track I recorded with it in about a day. It's a 90s rock type thing.
    [SC]https://soundcloud.com/ilyti/tea-in-the-dark[/SC]
    (Soundcloud was still processing as I'm posting this, just gotta wait...)

Braden717, setsuna7 and AkiraSpectrum like this.
  2. HanSulu

HanSulu Djentleman_007

Those actually aren't terrible guitars. I snagged one from my old drummer basically for free, put a crunchlab that I laying around in bridge and played the crap out of it haha.

Eventually sold it because I needed the extra $$$ but was fun while I had it.

3. steinmetzify

steinmetzify CHUG & SLUDGE

Really not bad guitars at all; I really dig the neck shapes on the LTD 7s. Nice score for cheap!

4. akinari

akinari SS.org Regular

Happy NGD!

5. Ordacleaphobia

Ordacleaphobia Shameless Contrarian

I love cheap guitar NGDs.
    It kinda gives you that "I got new gear!" feeling even if you didn't really get much :lol:

Always nice to add to the fam in some way. Bet it sounds pretty good with those Bare Knuckles, too.

6. lewstherin006

lewstherin006 SS.org Regular

Congrats bro! You cant really pass that deal up for $200!!

7. Rex

Rex SS.org Regular

Hey congrats, i always thought that this model is like my old ltd m107 (120 euro second hand) with the only difference of the bridge (tom vs wilkinson style) and i really like my guitar, good neck, solid guitar i put a blaze in the bridge and sounds amazing.