NGD! - Kramer

Discussion in 'Standard Guitars' started by Fraggle497, Jan 9, 2010.

1. Fraggle497

Fraggle497 Get to the chopper!!

I got this from my local shop (Curly Music in Liverpool,UK). I don't know much about Kramers so I'm hoping you lovely people can help enlighten me on what this beauty actually is. I got it for £50 and by part exchanging my dean vendetta 7 string in (a crime i know, but i had to have this baby).

Here are some piccys:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A little bit about it now:

I did some digging about but not sure if what I found was right, but I think I have a Korean made striker series. Its an Inverted pointy/bannana style headstock, it has a D-tuner on the floyd rose locking trem system and its a S-S-H config, using two single coil duo rails and one humbucker quad rails.
    I have no idea what make the pick ups are but I know that pulling the tone knob up alters the humbucker sound, so it might be a coil tap or something? (im not good with hardware lol)

any help and insight would be appreciated as to what this actually is - 80s, early 90's etc.

Enjoy it anyway lol

Shawn, FYP666 and Xiphos68 like this.
  2. MaxOfMetal

MaxOfMetal Likes trem wankery. Super Moderator

That looks to be a late 90's (possibly early 00's) Kramer Striker, that was available via Music Yo, long after Kramer's take-over by Gibson.

While from what I've seen personally and heard, they are fairly hit or miss with some pretty poor QC. Though, there are plenty of gems among the shit.

If you got a good one, you certainly lucked out. Congrats man.

3. Fred

Fred SS.org Regular

I think Max is right, and that looks like a fucking beaut... Welcome to the Kramer club!

EDIT: Forgot to say - the people on the Kramer forum (http://www.kramerforum.com/) are really helpful with IDing stuff, and I'm sure they'll be able to give you an exact answer. What kind of neckplate does it have on it/what's the serial number?

4. MFB

MFB Banned

I for one love my Kramer Striker even if it is from after the Gibson takeover and things supposedly went to shit. Welcome to the club.

5. Apophis

Apophis Banned

Congrats !!!

6. Valserp

Valserp Only plays 1 string

Doesn't that D-tuner block the floyd recess over there?

7. Esp Griffyn

Esp Griffyn Play more music

The D-Tuna is pretty much synonomous with EVH - I think it was his idea that was developed by Peavey. He did have some fully floating trems, but his main stage guitars were blocked to make them dive only. Here you can see the Musicman Axis, which was an EVH sig before they renamed it.

[​IMG]

You'll notice that the trem is not recessed. The dive only config has followed Eddie for a long time, though I'm not sure why he was so big on it. While the D Tuna does effectively make a guitar dive only, that was never a problem for him.

8. Fraggle497

its a plain neck plate, an its an "S" serial number. I checked out various kramer websites to see, so its probably a re-issue like said. either way, its awesome, thanks for welcoming me everyone :shred:

9. Rommel

Rommel SS.org Regular

10. Fraggle497

11. Rayne Mann

Rayne Mann SS.org Regular

They made a 7 string version as well. with a MAPLE fretboard! :hbang: