NGD Kiesel 7string Delos "Mr.Pink"

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Goddamn that's good! Congrats! I was not expecting a Walnut neck either, was sure it was going to be maple.

Esp Griffyn

Play more music
Reaction score
Absolutely not a Kiesel fan given their documented shoddy history here on this forum, but man, my liking for this thing upon opening the thread was genuinely unexpected! What a wonderful guitar! Pink guitars for the win!

Same, I'm not brave enough to order a Kiesel (UK-based so if I got a lemon it would be tremendously difficult to get it put right) and some of Jeff's sleazy dealings put me off using them on an integrity level, which is a shame because I do like the look of some of their guitars.

This one is absolutely awesome, hot pink is one of my favourite colours and this looks really cool.

mikernaut

pixel pusher
Reaction score
Same, I'm not brave enough to order a Kiesel (UK-based so if I got a lemon it would be tremendously difficult to get it put right) and some of Jeff's sleazy dealings put me off using them on an integrity level, which is a shame because I do like the look of some of their guitars.

This one is absolutely awesome, hot pink is one of my favourite colours and this looks really cool.
Understandable, could you try a used one out?. I hadn't tried a Kiesel before but did own 2 Carvin's which I was pleasantly surprised by the build quality at the price point. I decided to give them a chance as "Kiesel" because I have heard positive reviews lately by guitarists on Twitch ( Scott Carstairs, Justin McKinney, Jesse Michel, etc.) I've tried plenty of guitars in my day and I still can't believe how great and what a joy this build is to play. It's totally tied for the best guitar I currently own. Now maybe I got lucky, but glad I took the chance on it.

Esp Griffyn

Play more music
Reaction score
Understandable, could you try a used one out?. I hadn't tried a Kiesel before but did own 2 Carvin's which I was pleasantly surprised by the build quality at the price point. I decided to give them a chance as "Kiesel" because I have heard positive reviews lately by guitarists on Twitch ( Scott Carstairs, Justin McKinney, Jesse Michel, etc.) I've tried plenty of guitars in my day and I still can't believe how great and what a joy this build is to play. It's totally tied for the best guitar I currently own. Now maybe I got lucky, but glad I took the chance on it.

Leaving aside the "ick factor" associated with Jeff Kiesel, I'd be a lot more confident to put my money down if I lived in the mainland US. I've seen from here and other forums, how difficult Kiesel can be in acknowledging a fault, having multiple attempts to rectify an issue and still not getting it right. I've seen Kiesel argue about whether they should foot the bill for return shipping to perform remedial work on a bad guitar they put out. If' you're in mainland US, I can see how those things would be annoying but if you got a bad guitar, you'd have a much better chance at getting it repaired or refunded.

I live in the UK, so aside from the import taxes I'd have to pay, there is then the issue that if the guitar needs to go back to Kiesel, it would be very expensive to send it (especially considering it may need more than one trip back to the factory!) and I think it would be even harder to get Kiesel to take my complaints seriously. I live in the same city as Thomas McRocklin and recently had him tell me that he's never had any issues with Kiesel quality or service and that I should definitely check them out. Unfortunately, he is an internet celebrity shredder and I'd have to pay for my guitars so I can't take his recommendation with anything other than a huge pinch of salt.

Now I'll admit, the guitars sound and look great (especially in those ultra-saturated social media photos Kiesel put out!) and when there are no flaws, they probably feel great too. When you consider the price against the amount you can spec the build to your taste, they are quite good value too. Not crazy good value like they were back in the Carvin days, but those days are long past and for a couple thousand dollars (or UK equivalent) no one else is letting you spec a guitar to your taste in that way.

Used Kiesels do come up in the UK and if I saw one with a spec I liked, I'd be open to trying it and it may even tip me towards ordering my own. However, I don't feel confident to jump in the deep end and order blind, when I know that for similar money, I could get a Suhr, Vigier, top-end Charvel etc and they'd be flawless, plus I'd have a UK-based retailer to go back to if there ever were any issues.

mikernaut

pixel pusher
Reaction score
Yeah, it's frustrating these days trying to get a custom build that doesn't have a issue and the prices keep going up. I think most of my past builds with various companies have had a issue or messed up spec even though I have always submitted a tightly rendered mock up and list of all the specs. Then like you said they might be willing to fix the issue if you ship it back to them on your $. For me it was ship it back to Poland and another to Italy. So I had to cut my loses or compromise :( . This may actually be one of the few that came out perfect. I called in when I ordered this to make sure everything was written down and there were some features they didn't have in the builder. The salesman said he didn't need me to send over my mockup but I insisted after hearing various QC issue stories and Jeff's/Kiesel's stubbornness to acknowledge the fault. I like wild colors (Obviously lol) and I have had mutliple times where the paintjob was not close enough to what I wanted/ what was on the mock up.