NGD Jackson RRX24 MG-7

MetalheadMC

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Screenshot_20220512-163852_Gallery.jpg Finally arrived, and she is a beast. Been many years since I've had EMG's since I've been using Fishmans, but I'm more than happy with them. They have a slightly different aggressiveness to them, and should blend well in my writing.

I know the satin won't stay how it is forever, but I've been wanting a Floyd 7 for quite a while, and the bevels are sick.

Only cons so far is a dry fretboard, but that won't be an issue. Plus, a string change. Super minor inconsistencies with the bevel outline, but cosmetics aren't a big factor to me.

She plays fast, and she's aggressive. That's all I wanted:mf666:

Mathemagician

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Only real thing I plan to change soon is adding black illusion decals from neck illusions. I'm just not a fan of laurel fingerboards.
Man that guitar looks just killer. Serious metal vibes.

I was going to tell you to just dye it until it stops accepting ink. But your way is way more efficient.

I see a laurel board and I want it painted black.

MetalheadMC

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Man that guitar looks just killer. Serious metal vibes.

I was going to tell you to just dye it until it stops accepting ink. But your way is way more efficient.

I see a laurel board and I want it painted black.
Thanks man. Agreed 100%. The laurel just doesn't do it justice. I'm going to try the decals, because affording to the website you can get up to a year roughly. Worth a shot

Mathemagician

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Yeah man a quality sticker will look good from even up close. And a few feet away will fool anyone.

MetalheadMC

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
That is super clean. Fuck yeah bud! I'm starting to like the pointy guitar more and more...
Thanks dude, me too! Just remember they're a bitch to play sitting down. Had to make quite a few adjustments to comfortably play it, but damn it rips. Still early, but I think I may be happier with these than SS styles

Robstonin

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
HNGD dude, she's a beast, and thank you because that Neck Illusions tip is exactly what I needed to finally put Solars on my radar :hug:

MetalheadMC

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
+1 on the Neck Illusions. I put one of those ghost sharkfin ebony style stickers on my dinky, and I can barely tell it's there. It looks and feels good. Go for it!

Put that on your RR7 and it will look like OEM Kreator style fretboard.

View attachment 107910
Nice. I like those. I was originally thinking just the blank ebony board, but now you've got me thinking. The classic fins in Onyx, and the Halo fins in two different finishes look badass also

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
Awesome, hngd!

That looks like something I'd consider if I was in the market for a new 7. The only thing I'd change on it is the knobs configuration, but that's a super minor detail.