NGD: Jackson JS32-7

Discussion in 'Sevenstring Guitars' started by plainfaced, Mar 9, 2018.

1. plainfaced

plainfaced Eight or die!

Hello shredders... My first NGD post here, and my first new guitar day since my very first guitar that I got when I was 12 years old, some 26 years ago.

This will be quite a post, so heres a TL;DR (Just show me the pics) - While ive been playing 2 DYI kit guitars over the last 2 years, I decided to get a Jackson JS32-7.

Long Post -
    I started playing guitar on my 12th birthday back in 1992. It was a Fender Strat copy, like most starter guitars around at the time. Over the years I played a cheap Japanese semi-hollow body, Les Paul rip off (I think it was an old Ibanez), among others.

In the late 90's, early 2000's I started DJing and writing EDM.. Dropping the guitar for many years.

Then came 2016, when in a YouTube hole, I was watching so many of the great YouTube shredders. Inspired, I decided to pickup guitar again.. However, I decided to go the DIY kit route, as I thought that would be more acceptable to my wife. It was a 7 string RG copy with Floyd Rose.. Nice guitar, but I could never keep it in tune.

My second kit guitar was a Telecaster... Upgraded most parts and electronics, and this thing sounded great.. However the neck was terrible.

So a few months ago, I decided to pull out the 7 String RG copy, and convert it to a hardtail.. After weeks of filling, sanding, undercoat, paint, I got the body into pretty decent shape, so I started fitting the hardware. I fir the hipshot style bridge with ease, so started drilling the holes for the string through body.

:( As I drilled the first hole, the body crumbled at the rear, ripping all my paint work.. So much time and money wasted.

So it was then that I decided to do what I should have done months/years before even buying a kit guitar - Purchase a new guitar.

And here she is.. Jackson JS32-7... Plays so nice.

I had some Dimarzio Blaze pickups on order for the kit guitar, so will most likely swap out the stock Jackson pickups.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 9, 2018
    couverdure and NickS like this.
  2. NickS

NickS Rocket Surgeon

HNGD!! Pretty nice for a first real seven string. Enjoy:agreed:

plainfaced likes this.
  3. Ivars V

Ivars V SS.org Regular

Sweet! Could you please keep us updated on dimarzio installation in this guitar? I have the same model and was thinking about swapping pickups to Ds, just wasn't sure they gonna fit right in.

4. Rocks256

Rocks256 SS.org Regular

Cant see photos, how much did u pay?

5. plainfaced

plainfaced Eight or die!

Will do.

I would hope that's its an easy install.

6. plainfaced

plainfaced Eight or die!

$669AUD which is about $525USD.. With Australia tax, seems OK.. Was the best price I could find in Aus.

7. Rocks256

Rocks256 SS.org Regular

Damn u have really high prices there, here in Poland it cost 375 $ USD

8. svart

svart Far Beyond Metal

HNGD ;) quite impressed with the value for money on those Jacksons :)