NGD: Jackson DKA8 string

sakeido

Contributor
Reaction score
Just got this in today... ordered it right after it was announced and it showed up today. Very nice looking guitar. Love the body carve, single sharkfin, white pickups, same headstock as my SLSMG. Everything looks killer.

It isn't set up unfortunately so I can't stay too much about how it plays right now. MIM. The fret ends are nice and smooth, neck feels great. It feels a bit thicker than my sb cow7 when I would actually prefer a bit thinner for an 8. It doesn't have the big blocky traditional heel anymore... they ditched the plate and have sculpted away at it a bit. I don't think this is much of an improvement. It doesn't bother me at all access-wise since I've always played guitars like this but the Suhr heel feels nicer.

Pickups sound good but probably aren't my style so I'll switch those out soon. Killswitch is neat. Hardware is all good quality, PW locking tuners and a not-quite-Hipshot bridge. I forgot to take a picture of the jack. It's one of those recessed jacks like you'd get on the front of a strat. Very convenient feature, love it.

I'll take some better pics soon. Just quickly snapped these pics and left the camera in low quality jpg mode by accident

album - http://imgur.com/a/P8fc0

GRHHqMQ.jpg

AbVCx5A.jpg

nqvMzGE.jpg

JqDjPWv.jpg

YaZgh8X.jpg

S0jIkUP.jpg

5uw5ACT.jpg

Valennic

Many Fingers
Reaction score
HNGD meng, mine arrives Saturday. :cheers:

Worth the cash? Fretwork quality? I know you said smooth, but I'm filled with asinine questions now that mine has shipped :lol:

sakeido

Contributor
Reaction score
HNGD meng, mine arrives Saturday. :cheers:

Worth the cash? Fretwork quality? I know you said smooth, but I'm filled with asinine questions now that mine has shipped :lol:

Can't say too too much about if it was worth it or not yet :lol: needs a setup first. It definitely made a good first impression though - the fret ends are great, I didn't check all of em but the frets I did were nice and level. Bridge is great and easy to tweak, pickups sound good, neck feels nice. Comes with planetwaves locking tuners when all my previous Jacksons had cheap crappy tuners.

There are some minor flaws on the binding here and there by the fret ends and a minor flaw above the 22nd fret on the bass side.

Compared to the other 8s I've had, I like it a lot more than the Agile. Better fretwork than the RGA8 but I liked the neck a bit better on the ibby. Way better than the ESP 8s and most Schecters except those new SLSes

Valennic

Many Fingers
Reaction score
Can't say too too much about if it was worth it or not yet :lol: needs a setup first. It definitely made a good first impression though - the fret ends are great, I didn't check all of em but the frets I did were nice and level. Bridge is great and easy to tweak, pickups sound good, neck feels nice. Comes with planetwaves locking tuners when all my previous Jacksons had cheap crappy tuners.

There are some minor flaws on the binding here and there by the fret ends and a minor flaw above the 22nd fret on the bass side.

Compared to the other 8s I've had, I like it a lot more than the Agile. Better fretwork than the RGA8 but I liked the neck a bit better on the ibby. Way better than the ESP 8s and most Schecters except those new SLSes

Just got mine yesterday, I know now what you mean about the setup. Strangest feeling ever :lol:. Very minor finish flaws on mine, but they're not exactly custom shops. :yesway:. Can't say I agree with you on the neck bit, I love this thing to pieces, I've hated nearly every Ibby 8 i've played, minus the iron label. Either way, get this bitch setup and then CLIPS.

sakeido

Contributor
Reaction score

chopshop777

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
congratulations dude, beautiful guitar, it will serve you well for a long time, sorry including tax and everything if you don't mind me asking how much was the final price ? cheers. Ed

sakeido

Contributor
Reaction score
congratulations dude, beautiful guitar, it will serve you well for a long time, sorry including tax and everything if you don't mind me asking how much was the final price ? cheers. Ed

I think it was $1,000us all in

I finally got the allen keys I need to finish setting this thing up so more pics + a clip or two should be coming shortly