NGD!! (It's not your day, 56k)

meisterjager

Now available in HD
Reaction score
After GASsing like a madman after a 7 string Ibanez for all of 10 days, I ended up with this badass plank! I played a couple of 1527's recently, and general consensus was 'yes please'.. then this showed up here on ss.org. I can't imagine wanting anything else in a guitar, no more, no less, but I still see an RG1527 in my future.

DSC00979.jpg

DSC00980.jpg

DSC00982-1.jpg

DSC00981.jpg

DSC00983.jpg
DSC00968.jpg

HANIAK

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Wow! Awesome color! I'd forget the 1527, if I had that guitar, though...

Esp Griffyn

Play more music
Reaction score
Tbh an RG1527 is not a patch on a K-7, I'd avoid it unless you desparately need another guitar for alternate tunings.

Seeing how lovely and clean yours is makes me feel that mine is in need of a good strip down and clean. The bridge finish is irrepairably worn and corroded, but what can you do about that. I bought it to play I suppose!

meisterjager

Now available in HD
Reaction score

I will need a backup 7 for playing live, which is where the 1527 would come in.. but I may end up getting a 7321 or something.

I've decided I need a bit more clarity than the PAF7's provide, so I think I may go with a set of Bareknuckles, but I'm undecided as to which set to go for.

yellowv

Turd Ferguson
Contributor
Reaction score
Very nice and yes a 1527 aint got shit on a K7. Although you could always swap necks and get rid of the god awful K7 inlay :) As for BKP's... Painkillers.

Fred the Shred

Shrederick
Reaction score
Lucky bastard. If it's the one I'm thinking it is, I didn't score because the sale was UK only! :D

Congratulations and enjoy!

meisterjager

Now available in HD
Reaction score
^ it was up on here, yeah! I got it this past Tuesday, and you really should be jealous :lol:

Now to research BKP's and decide what I want... Just thought, am I likely to have trouble fitting pickups with square tabs in a DiMarzio sized, triangle tab routing?

lobee

vicioustabbing
Reaction score
Now to research BKP's and decide what I want... Just thought, am I likely to have trouble fitting pickups with square tabs in a DiMarzio sized, triangle tab routing?
Yes. If you ask them, BKP will make your pickups with triangular tabs. You also might want to ask them to do a low profile design if they can, or use shorter pole pieces. The Ibanez pickup routes are usually pretty shallow.

zindrome

part time ninja
Reaction score
never thought this day would come.. but i must say
I'm starting to not mind the inlay as much
great looking axe u got!