NGD Ibby RGD2127fx Prestige

Techdeath

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
She finally got here and I am stoked! Not much to look at finish wise, but the bevels are killer and she sounds great! The fret job is impeccable and the neck is immaculate! I noticed the 26.5 scale adds the slightest bit of baritone timbre to my tone and i'm loving it.

Also did a quick tone test, tell me what you think?

Attachments

• 20130226_143601.jpg
    20130226_143601.jpg
    620.8 KB · Views: 117
  • 20130226_143555.jpg
    20130226_143555.jpg
    580.6 KB · Views: 146
  • zzxzxz.jpg
    zzxzxz.jpg
    817 KB · Views: 283

Kwirk

The Wrong Advices
Reaction score
Didn't see the D in the model number, thought there were more fixed bridge Prestiges that I didn't know about. Damnit. Looks nice though.

_Mick_

Guitar Tech
Reaction score
Such a sweet guitar, I need me one of those! Yeah, hows that bridge?
Happy NGD dude

Techdeath

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
The Bridge on this thing is actually a lot better than I expected it to be. Very stable, looks nice, and easy to adjust. I'd wager all that metal helps transfer some vibration to the body as well. :shred:

Techdeath

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Cleans aren't too bad rolled down, but i'm still wanting to get a push pull coil split installed on her one knob :lol:

The only question is which Pups to throw in? I was thinking Lundgren M7 bridge/Coldsweat Neck (for shred)

I also like my cleans really glassy though, not sure how the Coldsweat would be for that.

Opinions?

Nonservium

ss.org Irregular
Reaction score
Cleans aren't too bad rolled down, but i'm still wanting to get a push pull coil split installed on her one knob :lol:

The only question is which Pups to throw in? I was thinking Lundgren M7 bridge/Coldsweat Neck (for shred)

I also like my cleans really glassy though, not sure how the Coldsweat would be for that.

Opinions?

I have the 2011 6-string version so your mileage may vary on the pups but I outfitted mine with a calibrated Holydiver set and love it. HNGD!

Dakotaspex

The Uniballer
Reaction score
A pickup that I REALLY love for basswood for HEAVY, chunky rhythm would be a BKP Warpig. If you're looking for more of an overall good pickup for basswood, Miracle Man. This forum is full of this kind of info. Good luck, and sick NGD! I want one so bad. :(

JaeSwift

Of Blood and Sawdust
Reaction score

Opinions?

Gonna be the odd one out here and suggest the Duncan FullShred for the bridge. It's slightly scooped (ON PAPER) but the cleaner mids allow for the pickup to breathe a lot and with a djenty esque EQ it will do the midrange snarl as well as any other pickup. The difference is that it stays tighter than absolutely any pickup I have played, ever. The leads also sound a lot better than most due to it's Alnico V magnet rather than the Ceramic quack you get with most run-of-the-mill ''voiced for metal'' pickups.

Leuchty

Previously CYBERSYN
Reaction score
I love this concept.

I've always loved the aesthetics of Ibanez trems, real futuristic. Now a fixed bridge that looks like a trem is just awesome.

Congrats mate! HNGD!

Krucifixtion

Duncan Hills
Reaction score
I'm seriously thinking of trying to ditch my 1527 for one of these. I can't get my setup right at all. Think I got's a lemon. Need me this 2127!!!

HaloHat

Baritones
Reaction score
Seattle WA. & Richfield, UT. & Valencia, Spain
would kill for one with a no inlay ebony board and swamp ash body :scream:

Still, I want one [w/the trem]. Still my favorite super strat shape, those bevels and the bouts are full metal in the best ways :bowdown:Love the control layout too. I so want to refinish one for fun.