NGD - Ibanez RGR652AHBF-WK

Ammusa

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I was looking for a fixed bridge six string guitar for home use in standard tuning. I really wanted to give E-II and ltd line up a chance, cause I have an E-II M-I in current use in my main band. I went through my local ESP dealers website and went to the store to check out what they had in stock. But man, those prices...

Then I went back to my local Ibanez dealer and found out that they were expecting delivery on some Prestige models. I have an RGR762 witch I totally love and that's my main seven. So I went and pulled the trigger on the RGR652. Yes, it's another boring black guitar, but in that price range I couldn't get even close to buy a Japanese made E-II whit the same money.

So I'm more than happy that I made this "reasonable" decision, and the quality is just what to expect from a prestige line Ibanez.

IMG_9329.jpg

IMG_9324.jpg

IMG_9326.jpg
IMG_9332.jpg IMG_9327.jpg
IMG_9325.jpg

I'm surprised that it's made in -22 and I like what Gotoh have done upgrading they're MG-T tuners.

IMG_9333.jpg

And then the siblings :hbang:

IMG_9298.jpg

Ammusa

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
That's true! And forgot to mention, that I'm a sucker for reverse headstock :wub3:

Glades

Down in the Everglades
Reaction score
White binding on black guitars is just beautiful. Congrats man. Its a player for sure.

Amer Alameddine

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
These guitars are so cool, congrats! I always wanted to try one. The natural black finish with the with white binding and pickups is so pleasing to look it. For a long time I preferred if it didn't have inlays, but I've kinda warmed up to them after another look. :)

Ammusa

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
love it

ya I feel like E-II's are extremely pricey these days so I totally get going for the ibanez
Yeah, I was a bit shocked. Same money spent on this Ibanez, I could "only" had an LTD. Yes, the LTD would have had Fishmans, SS-frets and even Luminlay dots, but still I rather go for Ibanez Prestige. The cheapest E-II at my local dealer is E-II M-I NT 1899€ (2036$)...

Alex79

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
It may be a “boring” black guitar, but it’s a classy one. Both of them. The binding is just killer. I wish there were more black super strats with white binding. It makes them pop so much more.

Exactly my thoughts!

Legion

Slightly cynical, mostly okay, completely drunk.
Reaction score
bro HNGD!!
I have the RG652 as well, the basswood version in galaxy black. Love it to death. it's all over the album I am writing.
Those things play like butter, and weigh about half of fuck-all. Excellent instruments!

Matt08642

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I was looking for a fixed bridge six string guitar for home use in standard tuning. I really wanted to give E-II and ltd line up a chance, cause I have an E-II M-I in current use in my main band. I went through my local ESP dealers website and went to the store to check out what they had in stock. But man, those prices...

Then I went back to my local Ibanez dealer and found out that they were expecting delivery on some Prestige models. I have an RGR762 witch I totally love and that's my main seven. So I went and pulled the trigger on the RGR652. Yes, it's another boring black guitar, but in that price range I couldn't get even close to buy a Japanese made E-II whit the same money.

So I'm more than happy that I made this "reasonable" decision, and the quality is just what to expect from a prestige line Ibanez.

View attachment 108839

View attachment 108840

View attachment 108841
View attachment 108844 View attachment 108842
View attachment 108843

I'm surprised that it's made in -22 and I like what Gotoh have done upgrading they're MG-T tuners.

View attachment 108845

And then the siblings :hbang:

View attachment 108846

I dig that these match. Not boring at all to me, I dig the deep black finish with binding. Also, neck binding is great on RGs.

sylcfh

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
My Iron Label is a "boring" black guitar and it's still better than anything I've played in the price range. They're trying to sell the equivalent these days for over $1,000.

Neon_Knight_

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
bro HNGD!!
I have the RG652 as well, the basswood version in galaxy black. Love it to death. it's all over the album I am writing.
Those things play like butter, and weigh about half of fuck-all. Excellent instruments!
I have one of those too - RG652FX. It's definitely a keeper!

kamello

DESU METARU!
Reaction score
bro HNGD!!
same here, those are lovely. After 3 years away from Ibanez (and playing like 10 different brands) I got that simple 652, sold all my other gear and went back to Ibanez only :lol: