NGD: Ibanez RGA321F - need advice on what PUs to give it

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
Fuck, I love these guitars, congrats! I don't need one since I already have an RGA121-NTF (same thing but natural maple top), but the 321s are just SO lovely.

I just put in a D-activator in the bridge this last weekend in my RGA121. Honestly, that's what the guitar was missing. That thing sounds FANTASTIC now.

I used to have a BKP Holy Diver in the bridge. It sounded alright, but just felt a little weak. It took me some time to realize that it was a standard spaced pickup in there... I keep reading that doesn't make a big difference, but in this guitar it didn't sound the best. (For reference, I have an f-spaced Holy Diver in my Edwards E-Scythe and that thing RRRIIIPPSS like no other guitar I own, save for, now, the RGA121 with the new pup.)

I have the D-Activator paired up with a BKP Emerald in the neck, and I feel like that now it is the perfect metal workhorse guitar. It's delicious, and I'm excited for you to get your D-Activator! Did you get it in white as well? Looks awesome that way.

katsumura78

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I had a 121 years back and threw BKP Black Hawks in it. Killer combo. Find a used set. If not the Titans from Dimarzio would probably be great.