NGD: Ibanez RG850

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
Needs a tortoise guard but other than that, muah. Just amazing.

Adieu

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
What an odd violation of Ibanez model numbering.

Unless this is an 8-string RG-(0)50 model?

Oh wait n/m it's a partscaster? Should be RG8050 then

ThePhilosopher

Reason User
Reaction score
Welcome to the modded Ibanez 8 string + floyd club; very nice. I want one of those reinforcement bars for mine as well.

Daevasmodeus

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
@Daevasmodeus dude that guitar is amazing. You're not for from me: can I ask who did the work?
@cardinal He would probably kill me if I recommended anyone else to do a project like this. I think it stressed him out a lot and he's in the middle of another floyd 8-string project for me which he made me swear was the last one.

Daevasmodeus

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Welcome to the modded Ibanez 8 string + floyd club; very nice. I want one of those reinforcement bars for mine as well.
@ThePhilosopher I actually have 2 others but they weren't quite as successful as this white one. One of which you actually recommended the builder to me several years ago who also did your custom floyd body, but unfortunately he doesn't do this thing anymore. He custom made me the RGD body which I had painted twice but unfortunately the RGA8 neck is a bit twisted because I got it used (It's signed by Petrucci though...).

My first attempt at this was a self painted (poorly) purple RG made from the Walnut Mahogany RG8 with an RG8 neck instead of an RGA8 neck with a pre-existing locking nut. The locking nut never worked great because it used the floyd brand nut instead of Ibanez. It was also scalloped which I couldn't get into over time. I did a lot of the routing on this myself because the initial route job from my tech at the time didn't give me enough freedom of motion with the trem and would bottom out too quickly. I ended up trading this one to a friend who hates floyds and blocked it lol.

IMG_1150.jpeg IMG_1151.jpeg IMG_1642.jpeg IMG_1648.jpeg 6D22383B-86D0-4E9E-947D-D94DFFA94B34.JPEG 20180825_160210.jpg