NGD Ibanez BTB605MS

FrznTek

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Haven't done a NGD in a long time so why not! I got it in my head I wanted to get a 5 string and drop it to drop F#. I started looking and was about to buy a 34" scale bass, then looked up a little more on what I need to drop that low and realized it wasn't going to work. I didn't want to spend over $1k on a bass, but got a deal during a 4th of July sale. I got it for 15% off + no tax + free shipping!! Had to jump on it! I later found out that it only came out a couple of months ago and is hard to find in stock, lucky me! Now I need a sub for my monitors, the 5" speakers just isn't cutting it, lol.

Attachments

• 20220711_172602.jpg
    20220711_172602.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 55
  • 20220711_172639.jpg
    20220711_172639.jpg
    936.7 KB · Views: 56
  • 20220711_172703.jpg
    20220711_172703.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 55

TheBloodstained

Casual music entusiast
Reaction score
Grats! Beautiful instrument :)
Always loved the Ibanez basses. Been mainly a SR player for most of my life, but always loved the design of the BTB's.

I jumped on the Dingwall wagon early last year - I think just before the multiscale BTB's were announced? - and I'm super curious about how they compare to the Dingwall NG series both in feel and sound.
I've been tempted to buy one just to find out! :lol:

AkiraSpectrum

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Grats! Beautiful instrument :)
Always loved the Ibanez basses. Been mainly a SR player for most of my life, but always loved the design of the BTB's.

I jumped on the Dingwall wagon early last year - I think just before the multiscale BTB's were announced? - and I'm super curious about how they compare to the Dingwall NG series both in feel and sound.
I've been tempted to buy one just to find out! :lol:
do it!

Crungy

I've made up mah mahnd, I ain't wastin no mo tahm
Reaction score
@TheBloodstained i hear ya, if they were out a couple years ago I would have tried that before the Dingwalls. No regrets as I like my Dingwalls but the BTB multi looks great!

Brayden Buckingham

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Jesus I'm jealous . Been eyeballing these but I have a NG3 on the way if I ever even get it at this rate . My BTB is incredible and I love every part of it , and even though it's a 6 string it's still pretty forgiving . I imagine going to a 5 with fanned frets would be a breeze to play .

I'm curious on how those pickups sound . I guess the only real downside to these is the lack of pickup options but I feel as if Ibanez hits the nail on the head in that aspect , not too many bass players I know switch them out to begin with . At least locally . It's nice the BTB's are 34 - 37 , forgot to mention . So Ibanez has multiscale shortscale basses , headless 33 - 35" scales , and now 34 - 37" BTBs all within a few years . They're making big moves !

FrznTek

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I bought a set of Kalium .051-.176 set for it. Seems to handle the Drop F# fairly well.(from what my limited experience with bass guitar is) The electronics seem good, I'm using the Nural DSP Darkglass Ultra plug-in, and I can get the tones I'm looking for so far. IDK if my playing is good enough to make a sound demo, lol.

it's a 35"-37" multi BTW.