NGD! Ibanez 3727FZ-BH New Namm 2014 model

PBGas

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I've had quite a few 7-strings over the years but many of them were missing a few things that I wanted. My most recent was an RG2627ZE which was a very nice guitar but I didn't get along that well with the EMGs and basswood bodies are not my favorite chunk of wood in the first place. Thus, I went to my local retailer up here in Canada in early January once the 2014 Ibanez Catalog was leaked. Needless to say the distributor had already pre-ordered several models. At this time, I had no idea that they even had this model in stock before Namm even started! My bud at my store ran some numbers and he found that they had them listed already. I put a deposit down on the new RG3727FZ-BH. The BH is for the black haze colour. It had all of the workings of what I wanted. Mahogany body, flame maple top, Edge Zero system (which works great!), Dimarzio pickups, etc. I already have one very rare J Custom and I really didn't want to spend that much on another at this point. As soon as I saw this model, I simply had to get it. I was fully expecting to wait until about April or May for it to come in.

I remember placing the order on a Tuesday and to my surprise, the guitar shipped in the next day from the distributor. I was completely shocked. Usually I have to wait for these things. This guitar is from the Europe and Canadian catalogs.

That being said, the guitar is an absolute beauty. The neck was perfectly aligned and has fantastic fretwork on it. Everything is superbly well done and there is not a spot out of place. It sounds and plays beautifully.

Not being one who keeps many guitars stock, I'm in the process of getting some new pickups. I don't think the PAF 7's are the best choice for the mahog body so I'm going to drop in a pair of the new Illuminators in there and hopefully they heat things up a bit more. The PAFs are fine but I'd like a little more.

All in all, very happy with this purchase!

Pics!!!!

RG3727_1.JPG

RG3727_2.JPG

RG3727_3.JPG

RG3727_4.JPG

RG3727_5.JPG

RG3727_6.JPG

RG3727_7.JPG

:shred:

Ironside

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! FINALLY! :hbang:

Interesting... how accurate would you say the colour in the pictures you posted is compared to how it looks in person.

I'm just wondering how a guitar advertised in the picture I have included, turns out looking so much more.. brown?

RG3727_1.JPG

RG3727FZ_BH_00_01_CU_Body_Top.jpg

I think the RG3727 looks AWESOME... but I was expecting something a little different (originally I wanted the RG2727 with the offset inlays but it's Japanese market only)

I may have to turn my attention to the Ibanez S5527 as that is now my frontrunner for most GASsy guitar. (+1 for lo-pro and offset inlay - AND it's less expensive!)

S5527_TKS_00_01_CU_Body_Top.jpg

TraE

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Super clean guitar, I really like the color and the top.

atticus1088

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! FINALLY! :hbang:

Interesting... how accurate would you say the colour in the pictures you posted is compared to how it looks in person.

I'm just wondering how a guitar advertised in the picture I have included, turns out looking so much more.. brown?

I think the RG3727 looks AWESOME... but I was expecting something a little different (originally I wanted the RG2727 with the offset inlays but it's Japanese market only)

I may have to turn my attention to the Ibanez S5527 as that is now my frontrunner for most GASsy guitar. (+1 for lo-pro and offset inlay - AND it's less expensive!)

I'm pretty sure it looks a lot more black in person, it's just the flash having it's effect.

My RGA420Z looks purple with flash pics, and black without :shrug:

Happy NGD! Sweet axe!

PBGas

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Thx for the compliments, friends. It is a beauty!

Yup. It is a tough one to photograph. The room light and flash did have something to do with it, no question. My lights in my basement are more of a cool white instead of a daylight look.

Looking at it with your eye in person it is more of a blackish-grey look.

The other nice piece I forgot to mention about it is that the position markers are just a silver dot, they are actually mother of pearl so they have a nice sheen to them when looking at it from different angles.

All in all, very happy with this one!

Steve_U1S

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Congrats on that lovely 7, fellow Ontarian =]

Very classy.
Nice description and such, too; I feel like I know why you went after this, especially considering the body wood etc.
Curious to know the results after the pickup swap - I tend to agree in general, that PAFs are a nice tone, but I prefer that sound 'dialed up several notches' to get me to where I want to be.

Cheers.

RobertStyx

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Oooh, that's purty!

I've actually been considering one of these lately, it was a toss up between one of those or a PRS SE Custom 24 7. I had been leaning more towards the PRS for various reasons, but I'd be lying if I said your pictures didn't have me reconsidering it.