NGD: Haters gonna Hate Redux

Discussion in 'Standard Guitars' started by Bloody_Inferno, Jul 3, 2012.

1. Tranquilliser

Tranquilliser SS.org Regular

:rolleyes: I think it's kind of cool.

2. Andromalia

Andromalia Pardon my french

I want that flash tripod :D

3. Bloody_Inferno

Bloody_Inferno Silence is Violence

Ok, now that I've done being a douchebag gloating about a black Ibanez, beating on dead memes and taking photos in an abandoned army base that looks like a power station... I'd better talk about the guitar now eh? :lol:

I haven't put this guitar down since I got it up to the point where the other members are hanging crap on me now. :lol: It's a combination of an Iceman and a large RG so it's nothing new for me.

The Xiphos took some time to get used to (even after relocating the strap button), the Glaive was better but still suffers all the nuances of the nature of V shaped guitars. This one fit like a glove and has been ultra comfy from the moment I put it on. I love the large headstock a hell of a lot too. Originally I wanted the white shadow version but the black grew on me. And I'm a dying breed of players that still love black guitars.

Of course being part of the newer models of the Ibanez X series, it still has it's flaws. The Wizard III has all that fret sticking out feeling (easily fixed) and the setup (particularly the nut had to be tweaked). The pickups are craptastic really. While doable, they're difficult to dial up a good tone with them so I'll be replacing them immediately (SD Phat Cat Neck, Dimebucker Bridge). Unfortunately, my touring schedule is very tight so even getting the pickups let alone installing them may take some time and I'll have to brave the dates with these stocks. I do have a backup with tried and true EMGs, but I really want to wear this guitar out on the road.

Also this will be the first time I'll be going full on fixed bridge mode for all the US shows. Being a whammy nut, I'm a little bit nervous.... :ugh:

4. TankJon666

TankJon666 SS.org Regular

I think thats a pretty awesome looking guitar ...not enough strings though :D

5. Van

Van Banned

I hate it.

6. TRENCHLORD

TRENCHLORD Banned

I really dig this axe. If it only had a floyd haha. Unique contours/bevels/shape in general.
    I especially like the iceman like headstock.

7. dantel666

dantel666 SS.org Regular

I got to play one of those today at guitar center and it played really well. It might be my next 6 string purchase.

happy ngd!

8. Bloody_Inferno

Bloody_Inferno Silence is Violence

Bumping up as the guitar just got a recent makeover:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ok the Phat Cat sticks out like dog's balls, but I specifically wanted this to be a HS style guitar, so it's my first guitar with a P90 and definitely looking forward to thrashing this thing around. :shred:

Also the promo pic is now up on the Ibanez artist page. :woot:

If there was one, I'd be all over it.